The solent - Interesting this

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm

get on this one, ace

The Solent Way is a 60 mile footpath linking Milford on Sea with Emsworth Harbour, much of the path following the Hampshire coast line and passing through the New Forest. Through most of it's length you'll also enjoy views of the beautiful Isle of Wight, just a few miles off the Hampshire Coast. The path is generally way marked with a picture of a sea bird on a green background although the path also forms part of the European Coastal Path (E9) and some signs show this path too, or the name Solent Coast Path. This site has photos and brief directions for all 60 miles of the path, split into easy stages.

:buttrock

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:36 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
destro wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:In 1912, the RMS Titanic sailed from Southampton to New York as the world's largest ocean liner till she sank in the Atlantic Ocean.

This is the only relevent part as far as I can see, it is obviously a long winded metaphore. Manchester City are the Titanic, and Gareth Barry is Leonardo DiCaprio, and although he thought he was in for a life changing experience full of riches he is infact doomed to hit an Iceberg in his car on his first day of training, therefore he should have just jumped in a Canoe ( Liverpool ) and took the safe, steady route to fulfill his life long ambitions  :nod all that glitters is not gold

Oh holy sweet fu'ck.In the name of God like! :laugh:

I love this forum!!

:laugh:  :laugh: crying fcking crying :laugh:

Me too

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 pm

andy_g wrote:get on this one, ace

The Solent Way is a 60 mile footpath linking Milford on Sea with Emsworth Harbour, much of the path following the Hampshire coast line and passing through the New Forest. Through most of it's length you'll also enjoy views of the beautiful Isle of Wight, just a few miles off the Hampshire Coast. The path is generally way marked with a picture of a sea bird on a green background although the path also forms part of the European Coastal Path (E9) and some signs show this path too, or the name Solent Coast Path. This site has photos and brief directions for all 60 miles of the path, split into easy stages.

:buttrock

Spot on that, thanks mate.

Finally someone understands.

Thought i was speaking a foreign language or something before.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:40 pm

the beach huts at milford-on-sea. christ, how i wish i was there...

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:42 pm

hurst beach!! :O

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:46 pm

I stopped off round that way on me way to the portsmouth game me mate lives in Barton on sea near new milton, an you could see the isle of white from her house :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:48 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
destro wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:In 1912, the RMS Titanic sailed from Southampton to New York as the world's largest ocean liner till she sank in the Atlantic Ocean.

This is the only relevent part as far as I can see, it is obviously a long winded metaphore. Manchester City are the Titanic, and Gareth Barry is Leonardo DiCaprio, and although he thought he was in for a life changing experience full of riches he is infact doomed to hit an Iceberg in his car on his first day of training, therefore he should have just jumped in a Canoe ( Liverpool ) and took the safe, steady route to fulfill his life long ambitions  :nod all that glitters is not gold

Oh holy sweet fu'ck.In the name of God like! :laugh:

I love this forum!!

:laugh:  :laugh: crying fcking crying :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  So am I havent got a bloody clue what Ace is on about, Barry funny as feck your on form tonight  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:52 am

State of the Solent: Edition 2

The second edition of the State of the Solent (2004) can be ordered from the Solent Forum at the price of £20 per copy. ISBN: 1859757359. Work will begin on collecting the data for Edition 3 in 2008, with a publication date in 2010.
The aim of the first edition of the State of the Solent report was to present a snapshot of the Solent at the start of the new millennium, by reviewing and quantifying the multiple uses of this important coastal zone. The report also aimed to stimulate debate on the development of coastal indicators that could be used to determine the long term trends in the Solent's environmental, social and economic systems.

The report was prepared making the maximum use of graphics, tables and maps to make it as user friendly as possible. The use of text was kept to a minimum and the data has not been interpreted, however, all the datasets are fully sourced and the onus is on the reader to contact the providers of the information to discuss its meaning. Where possible data has been gathered over a ten year period to begin the process of identifying trends.

The Second edition of the report updates the information which was collated for edition 1 but also contains a number of indicators which were selected to measure the 'health' of the Solent. Where possible the selected indicators have been adapted from international, national and regional indicators of sustainable development e.g. the indicator set developed by the EU Working Group on Indicators and Data for Measuring the Sustainable Development of the Coastal Zone and the UK government's 'Quality of Life' counts and biodiversity indicators. They have also been selected with reference to frameworks developed by a number of international and European Union initiatives i.e. the Sustainable Development Reference System (SDRS) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Pressure/State/Response framework. The indicators were selected to represent all the different aspects of the Solent. Some indicator data, mostly social and economic, is not currently available. Further work is being carried out in these areas through the Solent Forum Research Group.

The Indicator Report is now available as a working document (pdf file). The indicators themselves are available on our Indicator Portal.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:59 am

:(

The Solent had the second highest number of suicides on the British coastline last year.

New figures released by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency for 2006, show 11 people killed themselves in the Solent.

The only stretch of coast in the UK where more people took their own lives is the Humber, with 16 suicides.

The figures come after a man is suspected of committing suicide by driving into the sea in Gosport.

A patrolling MoD police officer saw Iain Brownrigg, 39, from Gosport, drive off the slipway at the Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service headquarters ...
Last edited by Bad Bob on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:07 am

:nod

:no

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:12 am

112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:07 am

Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:04 am

Bad Bob wrote: :(

The Solent had the second highest number of suicides on the British coastline last year.

New figures released by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency for 2006, show 11 people killed themselves in the Solent.

The only stretch of coast in the UK where more people took their own lives is the Humber, with 16 suicides.

The figures come after a man is suspected of committing suicide by driving into the sea in Gosport.

A patrolling MoD police officer saw Iain Brownrigg, 39, from Gosport, drive off the slipway at the Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service headquarters ...

Interesting stat bob but while you could say its sad if i had to choose anywhere to go.

I would also choose the solent  :nod

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 am

:O
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:05 pm

PMSL!!! :D :D
Only in the off season we get threads like this. :D :D
Keris