The Masters 2015

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Anyone watching ? Anyone back anyone ? Will have a few E/W punts myself after the cut tomorrow evening.

Its shane lowrys 1st year in via the rankings and hoping he has a good tournament, A top ten finish would be a fantastic for him. I'm a Rory and Tiger fan so would love to see either of those lift it. Rory in a playoff would be great viewing  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 am

That Spieth will take some beating, he has been incredibly consistent on the tour this year. He never looks like he is going to miss a put.
He's only played Augusta once before though which might count against him but to be fair he did come second.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:31 pm

I'll be traveling a bit this weekend and unfortunately won't be able to see most of it. I'll watch the final day on Sunday tho. I went to high school with Rickie Fowler, so I always go for him. Hasn't really got going this year yet tho.

Spieth is looking very good, and if you're going on current form you'd think him, JB Holmes, or maybe Patrick Reed or Jimmy Walker would be in with a shot. Obviously the Masters takes a different kind of nerves, so I think somebody like Phil, Dustin Johnson or Jason Day will probably be more likely to win it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:32 pm

The Masters? Sounds like some kind of an illuminati gathering.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 am wrote:That Spieth will take some beating, he has been incredibly consistent on the tour this year. He never looks like he is going to miss a put.
He's only played Augusta once before though which might count against him but to be fair he did come second.

He has continued today where he left off yesterday. Hammering the field now he is at 12 under. Think he is a great golfer myself but the pressure leading a tournament like this isn't for the meek.

He is well capable if he has the head to see it out  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:52 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:22 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 am wrote:That Spieth will take some beating, he has been incredibly consistent on the tour this year. He never looks like he is going to miss a put.

He has continued today where he left off yesterday. Hammering the field now he is at 12 under. Think he is a great golfer myself but the pressure leading a tournament like this isn't for the meek.

Done and dusted. I think he'll win by more than five. Amazing two rounds of golf from the 21 year old.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:30 am

Dont rule out Justin Rose
Last edited by LFC1990 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:39 am

Meaningless post now.
Last edited by Soupyzrx on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:49 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:22 am wrote:

If he continues on like this, he's gonna win like Martin Kaymar won the US Open last year. Lot's of people fighting for second.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Spieth finished out strong last night and now has a 5 shot lead over hoffman on 9 under. Rose had a slow start yesterday but finished out strong also 7 shots back on 7 under along side paul casey. Phil is at 6 under and els is 5. They are all well placed if they have a good round today. There is still a lot of quality players on 3 and 2 under who will be looking to make a few moves also.

Be very interesting to see how spieth tackles the course today.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 pm

ethanr » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:49 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:22 am wrote:

If he continues on like this, he's gonna win like Martin Kaymar won the US Open last year. Lot's of people fighting for second.

While I don't want to wish the lad bad luck or anything, I'd rather see a few contenders tomorrow  :nod its not entertaining when someone is running away with it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:07 pm

True, whilst I'd quite like to see Spieth win (mainly because his consistency this year deserves rewarding plus I think him v McIlroy could develop into one of the great sporting rivalries over the next few years) the whole thing becomes boring as a spectacle if he runs away with it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:True, whilst I'd quite like to see Spieth win (mainly because his consistency this year deserves rewarding plus I think him v McIlroy could develop into one of the great sporting rivalries over the next few years) the whole thing becomes boring as a spectacle if he runs away with it.

I agree, but that is exactly what he is doing.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:23 am

I expect Speith to crumble through pressure today and Rose to win it

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:32 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:23 am wrote:I expect Speith to crumble through pressure today and Rose to win it

It's a possibility for sure but I don't think it will happen.
I'm not sure Rose's putting is good enough, he's good when he's in the zone and on a 5 or 6 hole hot streak (like last night) but generally its his putting that's stopping him from being an elite player.
Spieth on the other hand is probably the best putter on the face of the planet right now.
Rose needs to find a great round from somewhere to win while Spieth only needs to find an average round which in the end I suspect will be the difference.
Mind you great players like Greg Norman and Rory McIlroy have thrown away similar leads on the last day at Augusta so you never know.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum