The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 am

Arkham City Challenge Maps.

Survival of the Fittest as Nightwing.

Score = 140,125

Rank 45 on the PC Leaderboards  :buttrock
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am

Just read that the will be a gears of war 4 !!!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:44 am

I have replayed Skyrim with the new Dawnguard expansion.

I want to say its worth it.
I want to say its great and has rekindled my love of the game.
I want to say Vampires are awesome.

But I cant...
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 am

Free to play is the future for the PC.

Just lately I have been playing DC Universe Online and yesterday got hold of Age of Empires Online.

This to me makes sense. On the consoles, you can buy a game for about £40 and you dont get the full whack. Yes you get a majority of the game, but they still leave out a lot and make it purchasable as DLC. This is simply robbing the customers. Especially the Xbox. For years they have robbed them, many households already have the internet, but the Xbox forces you to pay extra to connect your console to an existing connection that you are already paying for. Along with that cost, add in the DLC, and it all just sucks. This is why so many people get a new console, and the extra money they spend is on people who will chip them.

However, the PC is moving in a better direction. Free to Play.

More and more companies are releasing games, and giving them away. The costs of course coming from membership deals and/or DLC. This makes much more sense.

First of all, people get to play a game and get to see whether or not they will enjoy it. For me DC Universe and Age of Empires is a big yes, Dungeons and Dragons and Lord of the Rings is a no, but having the chance to decide for myself, without having to faff about with demos to determine my like for a game, is they way to go.

Having played the games I have enjoyed, I would be willing to pay for extra DLC that appeals to me. DC Universe, for about £6 a month a year, gives you access to DLC being released and a lot of extras. This is something im willing to pay for. To buy the game itself is probably about £30, but give it away and let people decide for them self, with an affordable payment for extras, the profits double. A membership carries a £70 odd fee a year.

Free to play is the future.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 am

Borderlands 2 all the way  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

In FIFA 13 Career Mode, my scout found a player with really ***** stats, but his name was Benny Noonan.  I had to sign him up in honor of our favorite antagonist :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Brought Dishonored around an hour ago and it's immense. It's easily the best game I've played this year and this is coming from a Skyrim fanatic.
Boxscarf

Postby babu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:39 am

DOTA 2 is simply the best high skilled strategy team play game out there. Get steam and get it.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:31 am

I have just seen the Assassins Creed 3 ending. And here is my take.

THIS IS WHY PIRACY EXISTS !

This series was meant as a trilogy, but it wont be. The ending suggests there will be more. I was mulling over whether or not to buy this game, I got the first 2 however, after seeing this ending, no, just no. I am not going to waste my money.

As long as companies are constantly screwing the public, piracy will exist. And as long as piracy exists it gives a huge middle finger to those who are constantly screwing the public.

Ubisoft rode their luck with the spin off games in between the Assassins Creed trilogy, now they are testing our patience. Expect piracy to become more common.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Guys, I got a couple of DOTA2 keys. They were given out to all existing players awhile ago. Most of my friends who like DOTA already have one.

Let me know if anyone here is interested, happy to pass it on. I only got 2

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Kharhaz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:31 am wrote:I have just seen the Assassins Creed 3 ending. And here is my take.

THIS IS WHY PIRACY EXISTS !

This series was meant as a trilogy, but it wont be. The ending suggests there will be more. I was mulling over whether or not to buy this game, I got the first 2 however, after seeing this ending, no, just no. I am not going to waste my money.

As long as companies are constantly screwing the public, piracy will exist. And as long as piracy exists it gives a huge middle finger to those who are constantly screwing the public.

Ubisoft rode their luck with the spin off games in between the Assassins Creed trilogy, now they are testing our patience. Expect piracy to become more common.

The issue I have with the ending is that Desmond Miles learnt nothing from being inside the animus. He is the descendant of three Assassin's and yet despite this he chose the Templar option.

I've thoroughly enjoyed every Assassin's Creed game from the first one to Assassin's Creed Revelations, but this game I just couldn't get into for some reason. I liked it don't get me wrong, however it felt like it was missing something that made the previous titles interesting to play. I got bored playing this Assassin's Creed at various points during the game and I found Connor Kenway a boring, obnoxious moron.

It is clear that most games now are on the gravy train. Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Medal of Honor are all games who keep being churned out. Medal of Honor used to be my favourite FPS until the last one game came out, hell Warfighter is an abomination on that franchise. Even Dead Space and Crysis are jumping on the gravy train. Little Big Planet has just released a go-karting game.

Apparently Naughty Dog want to bring out Uncharted 4 on the PS4. The fact remains a vast majority of gamers are more than happy to play the same games over and over again which is why you get so many sequels. Call of Duty is a testament to this. MW3 was much the same as MW2 and yet it received widespread critical acclaim.
Boxscarf

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 am

Looking to pick up one or two new games (new to me). I see "Dishonoured" and "XCOM Enemy Unknown" are highly recommended. Anybody here played them ? if so whadya think ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 am

woof woof ! » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm wrote:Looking to pick up one or two new games (new to me). I see "Dishonoured" and "XCOM Enemy Unknown" are highly recommended. Anybody here played them ? if so whadya think ?

Been playing Xcom for last month or so Woof

Huge fan of original one back in the 90s. While I have enjoyed the game I would say that considering its been 17 years since I played the original I thought it could have been a bit better

While I enjoyed the tactical combat situation you dont seem to be able micro manage equipment as much and fight against aliens just seem to be over fairly quickly

Definately worth a look if you liked the  original but only at bargain bin prices
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Cheers Laza, not familiar with the original so the whole thing will be new to me, I might give the latest version a spin.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 pm

I highly recommend Far Cry 3, I've had a great time playin it since christmas much much better than FC2. Anyway I finished it the other day and have bought Dark Souls and Red Dead Redemption, older games I know but I like to catch up on these kind of releases when I get an oportunity.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum