The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm

maguskwt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm wrote:Freakin Skyrim... It is so anti climatic... I'm level 45 and completed the main quest, became Thane of all districts except for one because there was some bug to the quest, became leader of most of the factions such as Companions, Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's guild, except for Bard's and Mage's (because I didn't intend on learning magic and was not really interested with the bards). And there is actually very little character development strategy and none combat strategy. It's a good game but I prefer Dragon Age: Origins in the end. I guess it is quite difficult to make the game climax because it is a sand box. I hope DA 2 can blend both the story and freedom equally well. There are reports that they are studying Skyrim's sand box nature.

did you build your daedric armor? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 am

metalhead » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:57 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm wrote:Freakin Skyrim... It is so anti climatic... I'm level 45 and completed the main quest, became Thane of all districts except for one because there was some bug to the quest, became leader of most of the factions such as Companions, Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's guild, except for Bard's and Mage's (because I didn't intend on learning magic and was not really interested with the bards). And there is actually very little character development strategy and none combat strategy. It's a good game but I prefer Dragon Age: Origins in the end. I guess it is quite difficult to make the game climax because it is a sand box. I hope DA 2 can blend both the story and freedom equally well. There are reports that they are studying Skyrim's sand box nature.

did you build your daedric armor? :D

I didn't MH, I didn't really like the look. I forged 2 daedric swords and dual wielding them though. I wear the Nightingale armor...  :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:50 pm

just found my old Vic 20 under a box lol

now do i plug it in to see if it works lol

lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 pm

maguskwt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:01 pm wrote:Freakin Skyrim... It is so anti climatic... I'm level 45 and completed the main quest, became Thane of all districts except for one because there was some bug to the quest, became leader of most of the factions such as Companions, Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's guild, except for Bard's and Mage's (because I didn't intend on learning magic and was not really interested with the bards). And there is actually very little character development strategy and none combat strategy. It's a good game but I prefer Dragon Age: Origins in the end. I guess it is quite difficult to make the game climax because it is a sand box. I hope DA 2 can blend both the story and freedom equally well. There are reports that they are studying Skyrim's sand box nature.

Couldnt agree more, fantastic game when you first start and exploring the world but then you get to that stage where it just become Groundhog day. Definately not as good as Dragon age though that game could learn a lot from scope of this one. Oh well 12 days until Diablo 3 come out and see if long wait has been worth it
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:50 pm wrote:just found my old Vic 20 under a box lol

now do i plug it in to see if it works lol

Bloody hell the old tape deck LOL, I had an  Atari
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 am

My first one was commodore 64, is that after or before vc 20? Anyway, that commodore 64 started me on a long journey with pc games... I still remember when you execute the game, it always say "Press play on tape"...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 am

Anyway I decided to start on a new skyrim character, she's gonna be an archer with a bit of conjuration spells. Playing at expert and it seems to be more realistic. My previous dual wield Nord was so powerful I think I killed alduin with 4 power attacks. Bam bam bam bam and he was death. I was like WTF??
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:14 pm

maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 am wrote:My first one was commodore 64, is that after or before vc 20? Anyway, that commodore 64 started me on a long journey with pc games... I still remember when you execute the game, it always say "Press play on tape"...

64 was after the vic20.
i then got a specy.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 am

Did anyone own a Vectrex? We did that was awesome ! It was like a speccy in console form ! AWESOME !  :laugh:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 13, 2012 8:22 pm

lakes10 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:14 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 am wrote:My first one was commodore 64, is that after or before vc 20? Anyway, that commodore 64 started me on a long journey with pc games... I still remember when you execute the game, it always say "Press play on tape"...

64 was after the vic20.
i then got a specy.

blast from the past there :laugh: .
for anyone that want to revisit the past you can get any of these systems to download as an emulator to play on a pc.
i have the c64,amstrad 464,atari and the megadrive along with 100's of games for each.
some absolute classics in there like wonderboy and dizzy.
here's the link for anyone thats interested and they dont take up much memory.loads to choose from.
http://www.emulator-zone.com/
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 28, 2012 12:10 am

So I have played Skyrim to death and have beefed my character up to the point she can knock out a dragon with one punch !!

Also, did anyone who has played this know that unarmed fighting has its own kill moves?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 am

Bought Arkham City yesterday, goodbye world, cya in a few months....
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 am

Been playing Company of Heroes non stop, and now the second installment is coming out next year :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:43 pm

COD Black Ops/MW  ....Anyone met the Nogla  :laugh:

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 am

Started a new Skyrim game a couple of days ago.  Focussed totally on enchanting and smithing before doing anything.  It's awesome.  My thinking on doing this was simple.  By the time you naturally get your smithing and enchanting up to have the best armor and weapons (Sorry MH but for me it's Guild Master Armor with multiple enchantments, not Deadric) you've just about finished everything worthwhile.  So I decided to go this route to have more fun with my cool toys.  Oh and this time around I've done "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood", just for a different twist (and not to have to hear the spooky as hell "Nightmother")
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum