The boxing thread - All talk about boxing past n present

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Can't believe I almost forgot this one.

Cited as the best first round ever, Marvin Hagler v Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns,  it's just nuts !!

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun May 06, 2018 12:53 am

Bellew the fat Evertonian beat Haye at the rematch. I expected a lot more from Haye but credit to Bellew he was better.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 am

That fight was an absolute joke and its on the people who paid to watch it  :nod  Haye should be arrested for conning anyone who did as he is just a waffler who talked himself into a payday. If they were fighting in my back garden i'd pull the curtains.

Fair play to Bellew  :nod The other fool should just give up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 10, 2018 3:59 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 pm wrote:Can't believe I almost forgot this one.

Cited as the best first round ever, Marvin Hagler v Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns,  it's just nuts !!

Hagler ,now there's a genuine  boxer. 

Boxing is all blag now fella ,my favorite boxer has to be Duran his wars against De Jesus were absolutely legendary and the best fights between two lightweights Ive ever seen.  Middleweight has to be Sugar Ray 'a true exponent of the art' or Hagler both 'through contrasting styles' epitomized what boxing should be about and the former's battles against Duran were f*cking epic ,at Heavyweight I don't think you can say anyone else other than the magnificent Ali and the force and sheer brute strength of Tyson.

I think all of those fighters provide a pointer to what modern day boxing has sadly lost ,I just don't get excited anymore ,its drained from me whilst enduring those long drawn out entrances the promoters seem intent on us suffering.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Problem with boxing is MMA watered down the fan base, crooked promoters and fighters have now become athletes rather than fighters. That era you mention was the golden era, with even fighters like Nigel Benn being hugely entertaining. At heavyweights once Lennox Lewis became champion it got a little boring then Klitchko came along and I lost interest.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 am

Anyone watched the tripple G and Canelo fight?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 pm

redshade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:56 am wrote:Anyone watched the tripple G and Canelo fight?

No... but I've been reading reports and watching post fight comments on youtube. Looks like it was a close match that most says a draw or slight edge by triple G. Canelo was the aggressor though and he won the judges decision. Cant help but feel some injustice for triple g over the two bouts. This one wasnt controversial but the first draw decision robbed him. This one could have been quite easily a draw.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 am

Yup it was a close fight Canelo started great but i feel Tripple G won a lot of the middle rounds and towards the end Canelo probably edged those rounds.
Coule easily have been a draw.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:43 pm

https://youtu.be/lJdEwBzZamA

Wilder Vs Fury - press conference..

Another one with two loud mouth clowns.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:01 pm

Yeah total clowns the both of them but still I can't wait for it  :laugh:   My money is on Fury  :nod Its his destiny... :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:49 pm

:D

Im looking forward to it aswel but i can't predict this. Both are good in their own way. I've got a feeling Fury may edge it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:16 am

The press conferences are a right circus :D

Good laugh though.

Here is the NY one if anyone interested

https://youtu.be/CYP0tSfLH64
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:25 pm

IMO this version of Fury will be lucky to last 4 rounds. Prime Fury v Wilder would have been an interesting fight but Fury's looked awful since his comeback. He actually got boo'ed last time out. Granted he looked better against Pianeta than he did against Seferi but imo he needed at least another 2 or 3 fights before taking on someone like Wilder.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm

I still think it will be a close fight. Both fighters have got their strengths and weaknesses.
I watched Wilders fight vs Ortiz and to be fair Ortiz did really well.
I think Fury has got better boxing skills than Wilder but Wilder has got the Ko power. Will he knock out Fury? No. Imo it will go to a decision.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Woof you deleted the UFC thread mate.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum