The boxing thread - All talk about boxing past n present

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 am

I saw that.  People were saying the fight was about to start and he had 96 and the flame on his shorts, so I thought I try and see it, then they said the fight was over.  So much for that.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 am

audrey is such a bad boxer and is never value for money.id have been gutted if i paid in to see that :nod .
surely thats the last we'll see of him now :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:51 am

red till i die!! » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 am wrote:audrey is such a bad boxer and is never value for money.id have been gutted if i paid in to see that :nod .
surely thats the last we'll see of him now :eyebrow

Hopefully, he should have done the right thing and retired after the David Haye farce.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 am

I just watched the clip on youtube and man that's embarrassing, Audley Harrison didn't even land a punch did he? Nevermind David Haye getting a shot at Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko, David Price deserves a shot at either of them or both. Christ, no wonder Tyson Fury didn't want to fight Price. How old is Price?
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 am wrote:I just watched the clip on youtube and man that's embarrassing, Audley Harrison didn't even land a punch did he? Nevermind David Haye getting a shot at Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko, David Price deserves a shot at either of them or both. Christ, no wonder Tyson Fury didn't want to fight Price. How old is Price?

he's 29 and in fairness that fight wasnt a test at all.3 punches and it was over. :laugh:
he has the potential to be world champ but he'l probably need a bit more experience before he goes up against one of them. between price and fury though the future is looking good for british boxing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 am

red till i die!! » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 am wrote:I just watched the clip on youtube and man that's embarrassing, Audley Harrison didn't even land a punch did he? Nevermind David Haye getting a shot at Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko, David Price deserves a shot at either of them or both. Christ, no wonder Tyson Fury didn't want to fight Price. How old is Price?

he's 29 and in fairness that fight wasnt a test at all.3 punches and it was over. :laugh:
he has the potential to be world champ but he'l probably need a bit more experience before he goes up against one of them. between price and fury though the future is looking good for british boxing.

Looked to me that he keeps his hand low when throwing the jab, a proper boxer would have exploited that. He seems a little stiff as well with his movement. He will never be a world champ, he's big but not skillfull enough.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

kazza » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:50 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 pm wrote:

Looked to me that he keeps his hand low when throwing the jab, a proper boxer would have exploited that. He seems a little stiff as well with his movement. He will never be a world champ, he's big but not skillfull enough.

price has good skills for a tall man, he had a good grounding in the amateur game and knows his way around a ring.
the klitschko`s are 40 now and vitali in particular looks a pale shadow of the fighter he once was, i dont think it will be long before he decides to hang them up and i dont think wlad will be far behind him in deciding to call it a day.
the division isnt exactly deep so in a couple of years or so price has as good a chance as anyone of stepping into the klitschko`s shoes once they vacate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 pm

i don't see why audley harrison is getting such a hard time.

it's not as if he's ever hurt anyone.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm

stmichael » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 pm wrote:i don't see why audley harrison is getting such a hard time.

it's not as if he's ever hurt anyone.

harrison is obviously a very talented fighter, since the break up of the soviet union just to qualify for the olympics takes some doing never mind win the gold.
but harrison`s pro career was handled all wrong. because of the deal he signed with the bbc he was a millionaire before he even laced a pair up in the paid ranks plus fighters making their debuts shouldnt be topping the bill as well. thats putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on them.
where other fighters are allowed develop at their own pace and out of the glare of the media spotlight harrisons early fights were advertised as big events and if he wasnt convincing (which is what happens when you are a novice fighter) he was getting lambasted in the press.

he comes across as an affable, likeable fella so getting that all that money so early in his career probably took what little `eye of the tiger` he had in his personality away. he just wasnt a hungry fighter, which is understandable when you are a millionaire before you start.
his pro career is a bit underwelming but he did win olympic gold meaning his name will go down in the history books alongide other super HW gold medalists like lennox lewis, wlad klitschko and aleksandr povetkin plus he`s earned a good few bob from the game and lives in a big house in california, i`m sure he would have settled for that when he first walked into the repton boxing club in the east end of london all those years ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:07 am

Wladimir Klitschko is only 36 and he doesn't look like getting beaten at the moment, neither does his brother. I think Vitali's boxing future depends on the outcome of the Ukranian national elections next month. He definitely seems to be eyeing a career in Ukranian Politics which would see an end to his boxing career. A career which has seen him lose two fights despite being the better boxer in both contests. As much as I like the Klitschko's, the heavyweight division will be better when both of them are no longer the dominant forces in that division.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 pm wrote:Wladimir Klitschko is only 36 and he doesn't look like getting beaten at the moment, neither does his brother. I think Vitali's boxing future depends on the outcome of the Ukranian national elections next month. He definitely seems to be eyeing a career in Ukranian Politics which would see an end to his boxing career. A career which has seen him lose two fights despite being the better boxer in both contests. As much as I like the Klitschko's, the heavyweight division will be better when both of them are no longer the dominant forces in that division.

vitali is finished, he had to go into the trenches and dig deep to get past derek chisora, chisora is a tough, durable fighter but he was beaten by tyson fury and knocked out by david haye. chisora has lost 4 of his last 5 fights and yet vitali only gets by him in a war?
vitali lost a close contest to lennox lewis but lewis was at the stage in his career where vitali is now, i think it shows just how great lewis was when he could beat a prime vitali at the end of his career.
vitali wont want to get knocked out by david haye but if he stays in boxing that is what will happen, unsurprisingly (because he can see father time catching up with vitali) haye is moving heaven and earth to make the fight and it will be difficult for vitali to stay in the game and at the same time ignore haye calling him out.
thats why i think vitali will call it a day. he wont want to go out on a sour note like that.
wlad may be 36 now but by the time the likes of price will be ready for a title shot he`ll be 38
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Vitali is not finished, he just beat Manuel Charr who was unbeaten and wasn't exactly a push-over. He won by TKO.

As for David Haye has done nothing of note in the past year to warrant a crack at Vitali Klitschko. Chris Arreola is top ranked challenger and I would expect Vitali to sanction a fight against Vitali, even then I can only see a Vitali win. As for David, he couldn't handle Wladimir Klitschko who is the weaker of both brothers, so how on earth would he contend with Vitali? I doubt he could in all honesty, he couldn't land his punches against Wladimir who is the smaller of the two brothers. Vitali also has an iron jaw, not even Lewis could knock him out with his trademark uppercut. Lewis landed that punch and it did virtually nothing to Vitali. Vitali or his brother would have no problem against any British boxer at this moment in time. Tyson Fury is arrogant and that will be his downfall. David Haye is just an idiot, he thinks he's the English version of Mayweather, but unlike Mayweather he can't back it up in the ring and as for David Price who has he fought of any note to be regarded as someone who can dethrone the Klitschko Brothers? Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with Price's record, but just how good is he really? Maybe he should get some fights with the likes of Charr, Adamek, Chageav and Helenius before he goes after the Klitschko's.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:01 pm

manuel charr? the biggest name on his resume is danny williams and he is so faded he`s barely visable, charr is a german clubfighter.
the fact vitali is fighting the charr`s of this world says everything.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:01 pm wrote:manuel charr? the biggest name on his resume is danny williams and he is so faded he`s barely visable, charr is a german clubfighter.
the fact vitali is fighting the charr`s of this world says everything.

You can only beat what's put in front of you though. David Price who is approaching 30 is still on a learning curve and has said on countless occasions he's not ready to fight the Klitschko's, Tyson Fury is boxing out of Ireland to avoid a showdown with David Price and David Price's next opponent is an over-the-hill Matt Skelton. Neither of these two have approached the Klitschko's for a fight, that's not Vitali or Wladimir's fault is it? I doubt any British boxer at the moment could defeat either Klitschko brother. They're just not good enough and people keep going on about how Vitali is 'losing' it. In his last four fights, he's had 1 KO, 2 TKO's and a UD. Again you point to the Chisora fight where Chisora took Vitali the full 12 rounds, has it ever occurred to you that Chisora dug in deep because there was a world heavyweight on the line? Where as against Haye, Haye brought nothing to the table to entice Chisora to dig in deep. Chisora rolled over against David Haye and he is around the same height as Haye, where as Klitschko is around 5 inches taller and is a much better boxer than Chisora (as evident in the Vitali vs Chisora match). David Price needs to step up and start fighting better opponents. His last four fights have been against English boxers none of whom are worth their salt. Sam Sexton and Audley Harrison are running jokes.

Even if you take Manuel Charr out of the equation, Price could face Alexander Povetkin, Tomas Adamek, Robert Helenius, Chris Arreloa, Seth Mitchell, Tor Hamer. There's lots of fighters for him to sink his teeth into in order to gain the learning curve he needs, I don't see how he's going to learn his trade fighting the likes of Sam Sexton and Audley Harrison. Next he'll be fighting Michael Sprott and then he'll be lining up a fight with Herbie Hide.  :laugh:
Boxscarf

Postby burjennio » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 am

Anyone catch Pacquiao vs Marquez IV? Absolutely epic.
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum