The boxing thread - All talk about boxing past n present

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 am

think Roach has to take a lot of the blame for him getting done like that.
will be hard for him to come back now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:01 am

He's always had a suspect chin. Got caught like that against Prescott too. He's over rated.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:59 pm

I don't know how Amir Khan lost last night, he was in control of Garcia and all Garcia seem capable of doing is throwing wild hayemakers at Khan and unfortunately he caught Khan with one and that was it. Khan really does have a glass jaw. And Khan seems to have an obsession with fighting Mayweather who on current standings would wipe the floor with both of Roach's prized fighters.

Isn't that three career losses for Khan now? Back-to-back losses now.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 pm

I was disappointed with the Haye/Chisora fight. It was always going to be one sided because Dereck Chisora is a terrible boxer. He never once looked like beating Haye in any of the five rounds and now Mr Arrogant thinks he'll be able to beat Vitali Klitschko when he couldn't even get near his Brother last July and blamed his defeat on a broken toe. I had to laugh when Haye paid homage to Chisora and said 'he'll be a champion one day'. A champion at what? Losing boxing matches? He's lost his last three fights. I think Britain's best heavyweight is that David Price fella from Liverpool. To me Haye is not a Heavyweight and never will be one. I suppose Vitali will have to give him a shot now, but in truth I can Vitali getting a UD in the 12th round against Haye. David Haye forgets that Lennox Lewis couldn't put Vitali on the mat with a huge uppercut, so quite how a 15st Haye thinks he'll KO Vitali is beyond me. Just an arrogant c*nt by all accounts.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm

tubby » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 am wrote:He's always had a suspect chin. Got caught like that against Prescott too. He's over rated.

sadly, you're right. Reminds me of Bruno in a way, because he could never take a punch either.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:10 pm

burjennio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 am wrote:So Amir Khan proves yet again that you can have all the natural physical gifts in the world in a boxing ring but if you dont have a brain you end up getting KOed. How after all this time he fails to understand basic defensive concepts is beyond me. He leads with his face and believes his speed can get him out of any situation, and time and again he gets proved wrong yet still does nothing to rectify it. Gomez, Maidana, Prescott, Peterson and now Garcia all tagged him, and hurt him to varying degrees so questions have to be asked how his all star trainer Freddie Roach hasnt done more to address this glaring deficiency.

at the end of the day khan is fighting other good fighters, he`s not going in with tomato cans so sooner or later he`s going to get tagged and if you havent got a decent beard your going to go down.
you cant grow muscles on your chin, you can either take a shot or you cant and unfortunately for someone who is mixing in good company his punch resistance isnt great.
he`s obviously got a hell of a lot of ability (because of the collapse of the old soviet union to even qualify for the olympics these days you`ve got to be good never mind win a silver medal) but his chin is his achilles heel, he`s not the first and he wont be the last, errol christie was the same.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby burjennio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Tommy Hearns another classic example
burjennio

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 pm

what a waster chisora is :nod that other waster wiped the floor with him :laugh: .
as for khan :eyebrow what does he do now?,he should have left that weight last year and moved up before he got caught out.thats a couple of losses on the trot now and i wouldnt be too confident he can come back from that now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Is this the biggest joke ever. Freddie flintoff training with Barrry mcguigan to become heavyweight pro boxer for first fight in november hes 34 with fecked up knees.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 pm

redalltheway36 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:25 am wrote:Is this the biggest joke ever. Freddie flintoff training with Barrry mcguigan to become heavyweight pro boxer for first fight in november hes 34 with fecked up knees.

He may have to sell advertising on the bottom of his shoes. Remember the guy that fought Tyson  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:50 pm

Julius francais u mean
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The Hustler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Mike tyson. No1 of all time without,any doubt at all.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:03 pm

The Hustler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:Mike tyson. No1 of all time without,any doubt at all.

you have got to be joking.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm

The Hustler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:Mike tyson. No1 of all time without,any doubt at all.

No chance, he's miles behind Lennox Lewis and Lewis isn't even the best heavyweight Champions of all time.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 am

whilst i doubt anyone will be surprised, David Price knocked out Audley Harrison in little over a minute  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum