Running/jogging

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 pm

I thinking of packing all this running malarkey in.

I cant shake this injury off, last year it happened on my left foot, eventually got that fixed up and now its on the right foot. Ive been cycling alot lately to keep my fitness up and im enjoying it. Not as much as the running but still.

Im supposed to start training for Dublin on Monday and it dosent look good at all.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Dundalk wrote:I thinking of packing all this running malarkey in.

I cant shake this injury off, last year it happened on my left foot, eventually got that fixed up and now its on the right foot. Ive been cycling alot lately to keep my fitness up and im enjoying it. Not as much as the running but still.

Im supposed to start training for Dublin on Monday and it dosent look good at all.

Move to the signs you're getting on thread?   :p
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 pm

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Its so frustrating nigly injuries isnt it mate.
Hope your sorted soon.

Ave just been out and done 6 miles by ours, proper nice day for it as well.
Sorry to rub it in  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:07 pm

My dad likes to run marathons and he's starting to hit that age where he's getting hurt.  He reads into it a lot and finds ways around his injuries, but it's obviously taking it's toll on him.  He has done some cycling to try and keep in shape as well.

I've done running but I just don't enjoy it.  Some nights I feel good but usually I just get really, really bored.  I don't mind the discomfort of being tired or the pain you may feel, I've always just felt there's no purpose and I get really bored really quick.

Maybe I just need to have a football at my feet the whole time and I'll start to enjoy it.  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby anti-hero » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 pm

i like running.

to the donut shop.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 am

how are people doing is anyone still running

i been doing 5k twice a week in about 28 mins ish not sure how good or bad that is, also been doing 2hour fitness+football training once a week and been cycling to and from work about 5 mile each way every week day

this is all leading up to next week when i return to rugby training and playing after a 2 year lay off fingers crossed it's enough to get me through those first few training nights :D
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I started football again recently and realised I was out of breath very quickly. so I want to start running. I set off and within a few yards I got bad pains on my shins - anyone help?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:I started football again recently and realised I was out of breath very quickly. so I want to start running. I set off and within a few yards I got bad pains on my shins - anyone help?

shin splints mate are a pain in ... leg  :laugh:

Wear shock absorbing insoles in shoes,This helps reduce the shock on the lower leg.
make sure you have the right trainers that suit your foot and are for running ( it really does make a difference ) the only other thing i can think of is taping your shins up to take the pressure off your shin muscles until they get a bit stronger
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Not really jogging related per se, but I just tried skipping for the first time. Fk me I was only at it for like 15 mins on/off just trying to get the hang of it and im sweating bucket loads. But I seem to be bringing my feet too high when jumping.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 pm

tubby wrote:Not really jogging related per se, but I just tried skipping for the first time. Fk me I was only at it for like 15 mins on/off just trying to get the hang of it and im sweating bucket loads. But I seem to be bringing my feet too high when jumping.

i tried that not long ago and it is alot harder than you think isnt it mate.
I was also doing the same thing, jumping too high.

Should of kept it up but didnt.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
tubby wrote:Not really jogging related per se, but I just tried skipping for the first time. Fk me I was only at it for like 15 mins on/off just trying to get the hang of it and im sweating bucket loads. But I seem to be bringing my feet too high when jumping.

i tried that not long ago and it is alot harder than you think isnt it mate.
I was also doing the same thing, jumping too high.

Should of kept it up but didnt.

Basically I watched 'The Fighter' the other day, and afterwards the Gatti fight (3) so im all 'pumped up' to train.  :D

It's great though. I'm gonna practice every day.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:I started football again recently and realised I was out of breath very quickly. so I want to start running. I set off and within a few yards I got bad pains on my shins - anyone help?

Shin splints, they're a killer.

Stretch em and buy a quality pair of running trainers like Asics, Mozeno or whatever they're called. A decent pair of trainers the support the arch in your foot may well help, they helped me.

Not that I run anymore.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:37 am

Skipping is a fckin proper workout. I tried it but couldn't get my feet off the ground.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 am

Kenny Kan wrote:

Skipping is a fckin proper workout. I tried it but couldn't get my feet off the ground.  :D

:bowdown  :bowdown
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum