Rugby union fans better than football ones - Sad but true

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:46 am

I know people don't like to hear it but Rugby union fans are so much better than football ones.

I'd loads of pints with Welsh fans before and after they beat us in Croke park (congrats on grand slam).

Then England fans were respectfully quiet for the Irish (so called) Anthem.

Yet in football they riot, rip up stadiums, boo all foreign national anthems, have to be separated from their rival fans or they'll attack them.

I obviously prefer football, but just don't get why a large number of fans put together always turn into violent thug a$$holes.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:44 pm

rugby: a hooligans game played by gentlemen

football: a gentlemans game played by hooligans

same goes for the fans to a certain extent maybe?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Ive played both rugby and football obviously at pretty low level and the difference when you play is amazing.  The ref may screw up, but in Rugby you just accept it and carry on.  In football you eff and jeff and moan and act like a prima dona.. even in the park.  FIFA need to get tough.. How long do they need to speak about only the captain talking to the ref..  any intimidation players should be carded and the free kick moved forward straigh away.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Mikz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Probably starts at school level, all the snobs play rugby, or should I say rugger lol
Personally i think its a shi.te game, ya dont need to riot when ya can watch them big dumbos trailin the heads off each other
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Big Niall wrote:I know people don't like to hear it but Rugby union fans are so much better than football ones.

I'd loads of pints with Welsh fans before and after they beat us in Croke park (congrats on grand slam).

Yet in football they riot, rip up stadiums, boo all foreign national anthems, have to be separated from their rival fans or they'll attack them.

I obviously prefer football, but just don't get why a large number of fans put together always turn into violent thug a$$holes.

so in summary, you think our team is :censored:, our players are :censored: our manager is :censored: and the fans that follow football are :censored:.

Suggestion : Get a new hobby.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Don't give a f*ck if Union fans are better than footie fans. The game is f*cking tedious.

A mate of mine told me the other week that there are always a sh*tload of fit birds watching ballet. And? I'm still not going.
ivor_the_injun

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:35 pm

have u ever been to a rugby fan? there is NO atmosphere. everynoe sits down silently with the ref mike in hand just clapping gently. i went to england new zealan at twickenham last year with work. absolutely the worst atmosphere i have ever been to!

rugby is a sport played by neanderthols (sp) and watched by idiots.

one of the best things about football is the passion, which is sadly lacking in rugby
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:52 am

dawson99 wrote:have u ever been to a rugby fan? there is NO atmosphere. everynoe sits down silently with the ref mike in hand just clapping gently. i went to england new zealan at twickenham last year with work. absolutely the worst atmosphere i have ever been to!

rugby is a sport played by neanderthols (sp) and watched by idiots.

one of the best things about football is the passion, which is sadly lacking in rugby

I have gone to Thomand Park to watch Munster many times, there is only about 10,000 capacity, none of that "family athmosphere B.S", standing up close to the pitch is great.Limerick (the city) has about 7 posh people so the athmosphere is great.

I'm not mad about the sport though, just saying that I don't feel I'll get bottled if I walk into the wrong bar.
Last edited by Big Niall on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:16 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Don't give a f*ck if Union fans are better than footie fans. The game is f*cking tedious.

A mate of mine told me the other week that there are always a sh*tload of fit birds watching ballet. And? I'm still not going.

PMSL

About the only thing entertaining about the Rugby is All blacks Haka and after that i catching the ZZZs
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Big Niall wrote:I know people don't like to hear it but Rugby union fans are so much better than football ones.

see italian, dutch, polish and german fans before you make comparisons on english ones niall

we are strides below all of them mate

oh and the turks
Last edited by Judge on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Judge wrote:

see italian, dutch, polish and german fans before you make comparisons on english ones niall

we are strides below all of them mate

oh and the turks

I've never met a German Rugby fan.

I agree that some other fans are worse, but If I saw some English Rugby fans in a pub I'd feel comfortable having a couple of pints and banter about the match (before and after regardless of who won).

But football?

If you were in Mancheseter on Sunday, would you walk into a pub and watch the match in your LFC top?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:50 pm

robert carlisle did in that film

it was awsome :D

so yes i would :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Just though I should clarify, I wasn't talking about ENGLISH fans in particular e.g. in Dublin there are a couple of half assed amateur clubs that have thug supporters that would batter a rival dub club supporter.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:57 pm

its ok we know mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum