Month off the booze - Anyone else here done it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Two long years and on its way to three since I've gargled with the auld JD .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 am

I can't seem to go more than a few days to a week without alcohol. How do I cut it out completely?
Boxscarf

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:50 am

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 pm wrote:I can't seem to go more than a few days to a week without alcohol. How do I cut it out completely?

Well from a personal perspective, re-reading my late night posts I had made  on this very forum
in the sobering glow of morning sunshine .... that and AA mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Back on the wagon.  8 days so far.  Going to meetings every night.  Finding it harder to do this time around.  I need to remember the Friday night before Easter and how scary it was.  I was shaking like a leaf shivering cold and sweating for 8 hours, don't know if I can go through that again.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

The Good Yank » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 pm wrote:Back on the wagon.  8 days so far.  Going to meetings every night.  Finding it harder to do this time around.  I need to remember the Friday night before Easter and how scary it was.  I was shaking like a leaf shivering cold and sweating for 8 hours, don't know if I can go through that again.

Stay on that wagon fella , don't convince yourself that its easier to neck a few rather than go through the detox . OK your social life takes
a knock ,and you will end up doing all the driving to parties  :glare: ,but in the end it will be worth it mate .....trust me I have been exactly
where your are .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Having a rough few days.  Haven't drank, but it really is all I think about.I'd say 40 seconds out of every minute I spend thinking about having a beer.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 pm wrote:I can't seem to go more than a few days to a week without alcohol. How do I cut it out completely?

Excercise.. best way to take it off out of your system. Hit the gym, some weight training and cardio

I haven't had a drink for 2 months now and I've completely forgotten about it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 pm

The Good Yank » Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 pm wrote:Having a rough few days.  Haven't drank, but it really is all I think about.I'd say 40 seconds out of every minute I spend thinking about having a beer.

Get yourself out there and start jogging... Excercise Excercise Excercise!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed May 02, 2012 4:45 pm

metalhead » Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 am wrote:
The Good Yank » Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 pm wrote:Having a rough few days.  Haven't drank, but it really is all I think about.I'd say 40 seconds out of every minute I spend thinking about having a beer.

Get yourself out there and start jogging... Excercise Excercise Excercise!

Thanks mate.  excersice does help.  I've gone from 230 lbs in January to 190 lbs (got about another 15 lbs to go)  It's a mental thing right now.  Do appreciate the support.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Do some yoga or stress relief excercises if you can, helps a lot with the mental aspects.

I know how you feel buddy, had a mate in the same situation, always thinking about having a drink but then I took him to the gym and he is now addicted to his own muscles :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu May 03, 2012 6:35 am

I scored two tonight in the 7 per side league I play in.  my first game playing up front.  Chris Howard (Tim's brother) was the keeper for the other team.  I rounded him for my second goal.  I went home and watched the New York Rangers win in triple OT... It was a good night
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 06, 2012 3:47 pm

metalhead » Wed May 02, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:Do some yoga or stress relief excercises if you can, helps a lot with the mental aspects.

I know how you feel buddy, had a mate in the same situation, always thinking about having a drink but then I took him to the gym and he is now addicted to his own muscles :D

so you made him gay then  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 06, 2012 5:55 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 06, 2012 2:47 pm wrote:
metalhead » Wed May 02, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:Do some yoga or stress relief excercises if you can, helps a lot with the mental aspects.

so you made him gay then  :laugh:

I made him a narcissist  :eyebrow  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm not drinking anymore. Then again, I'm not drinking any less.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm

I've cut down the amount I have been drinking over the past year. I seldom go out to the pub or on nights out and I restrict myself to one or two cans/bottles of beer/ale at home, every now and then. I feel much better for it, but it has made me more of a lightweight then I ever was. I start to get a dizzy head after two pints of Guinness.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum