Mo Farah - drug trainer

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:50 am

I was really peed off with the whole Olympic celebration of these athletes being roll models , better than footballers etc. As I had googled much about "Mo Farrah" and his training regime, whom he trained with, the "asthma" he developed which allowed him take extra medication etc, I was really annoyed that the press refused to ask the questions and instead wanted a clean cut champion.

Delighted his trainer has now been caught

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... oping.html

I suggest people do a bit of research about all these various "sporting heroes" we see in the Olympics, world championships etc. That sport is rotten to the core!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:07 am

ha ha stick that in ya quorn mince you skinny git.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:24 am

I'm surprised such a high profile athlete isn't drawing more attention. Maybe people prefer the lie. I was talking about him with a few friends before the story broke, who he trained with, where he trained , his cough cough "asthma!!!"

He's never failed a drug test so it he must be clean, huh!

Now , hopefully some documentary makers will look at the biggest star in athletics, Usain Bolt - the guy who trains in Jamaica which has always had very lax drug testing procedures, funny how all the fastest sprinters now happen to be training there.

Remember AFTER the Balco drug scandal (a lab produced a drug that marion jones used to win her medals, drug testing didn't catch it, somebody at the organisation got annoyed about something and notified the authorities, Marion Jones ended up in jail for perjury), that the guy that won the gold medal in the world championshipss won it in over ten seconds. All the sprinters just got slow for some reason after that drug scandal. Then a couple of years later, they all got magically fast again and Bolt now runs in the 9.5s. The guy that got bronze in the Olympics (Gatlin) ran faster than he did when he failed a drug test a few years earlier, he must run faster without drugs than on them.

Wow - what athletes, kids should look up to these guys as role models!!!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:25 pm

Absolutely no chance that Usain Bolt is on drugs, you can see by his physique and just the way general way he lives his life. Hes just a freak of nature and almost superhuman athlete.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:05 am

Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:25 pm wrote:Absolutely no chance that Usain Bolt is on drugs, you can see by his physique and just the way general way he lives his life. Hes just a freak of nature and almost superhuman athlete.

Don't make me laugh !!!!!    :laugh:  :laugh:

There was a major scandel over Jamaica simply 'forgetting' to test their athletes for month prior tot he olympics:

The alleged failure of Jamaica’s anti-doping agency to adequately screen its athletes in the run-up to the London Olympics, is to be the subject of an “extraordinary audit” by the World Anti-Doping Authority as it is claimed that the country’s testing system failed to operate for “five or six months” at the start of 2012.

Usain Bolt’s historic sprint double led Jamaica’s stunning dominance of men’s and women’s sprinting at London 2012 – they won eight of the 12 individual medals – but the apparent inactivity of the body that is supposed to oversee doping control on the Caribbean island, is another damaging blow to the sport’s credibility.

see this link, its a simple google topic:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/athletics/wada-launch-extraordinary-audit-of-jamaica-drug-testing-in-runup-to-london-2012-olympics-8879511.html
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:30 am

the article states that Bolt was tested 12 times that year, how many do you have to pass to be considered clean? as i said before just by looking at Bolts physique its obvious hes not on steroids, id be surprised if hes even taking any suppliments going by his body shape. Sprinters who have been caught are always heavily muscled, with lots of definition, Bolt has a very natural body shape that hasnt altered much since he came into the sport.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:32 am

Look at cycling, swimming etc... superman doesn't exist. I'm not labouring the point, it's a simple fact. There's a dopers list somewhere, I'll try and find it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:41 am

Reg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 am wrote:Look at cycling, swimming etc... superman doesn't exist. I'm not labouring the point, it's a simple fact. There's a dopers list somewhere, I'll try and find it.

I dont doubt that at all, Sport is rife with drug cheats but im certain that Usain Bolt isnt one of them.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:41 am wrote:
Reg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 am wrote:Look at cycling, swimming etc... superman doesn't exist. I'm not labouring the point, it's a simple fact. There's a dopers list somewhere, I'll try and find it.

I dont doubt that at all, Sport is rife with drug cheats but im certain that Usain Bolt isnt one of them.

Would be curious to see that Reggie.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:37 am

I'm struggling to find the official list that I saw 12-18 months back, it's a WADA list issued on a monthly basis that announces latest athletes across all sports who have been suspended that month + a running list of those currently under suspension. In the meantime even wiki has a list of those athletes under suspension:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_do ... s_in_sport

The problem in sport is that doping has become an industry. The Chinese are hard at it and these drugs find their way elsewhere. The emphasis is on keeping levels just below the legal limit so the authorities know that doping is going on but can't prosecute.

I've watched a documentary on Usain Bolt and undoubtedly he is a great athlete and his height, strength and muscle twitch speed are tremendous advantages however lets not pretend he doesn't also adhere to a strict regeme of whatever that keeps him just below the legal limit. Athletic performance progress over the last 30 years isn't simply a case of getting up early and training hard.

One of the world's most graceful and wonderful athletes ever, Carl Lewis set the world alight running the 100m in 9.92 seconds on September 24, 1988. The guy was tall, light and sprang along like a gazelle, a natural athlete - yet even today some folks swear he doped. How logical or realistic is it that Usain Bolt who reduced his own existing WR from 9.69 secs to 9.58 on August 16, 2009 and that record still stands today? It is too great a reduction. If you look at the previous 20 world record improvements, they're all around 0.02 or 0.03 at best, not 0.11 !! And a number of the previous 10 record holders were suspicious. Remember Ben Johnson burning the track in the Seoul olympics only then to be banned?

Bolt's 9.58 WR is now 6 years old which again defies natural progression or improvement, again the record book shows a pattern of records being broken every 1-2 years however no one has been able to get close to Bolt for 6 years? Has Bolt himself had to change his cocktail as doping tests become better hence he hasn't been able to get close to his record?

How logical is it that  Hicham El Guerrouj (MAR) WR for the 1,500m (3:26.00) has stood since 1998?  No one runs the 1,500m any more?

Look at the women's 800m world record progression:

1:57.5 Svetla Zlateva (BUL) 1973-08-24 Athens, Greece
1:56.0 Valentina Gerasimova (URS) 1976-06-12 Kiev, Soviet Union
1:54.9 Tatyana Kazankina (URS) 1976-07-26 Montreal, Canada
1:54.9 Nadezhda Olizarenko (URS) 1980-06-12 Moscow, Soviet Union
1:53.5 Nadezhda Olizarenko (URS) 1980-07-27 Moscow, Soviet Union
1:53.3 Jarmila Kratochvílová (TCH) 1983-07-26 Munich, West Germany

No WR since 1983 !!!  All doped up for the Olympics with testing unable to identify the drugs! 

Other sports are the same, the tremendous efforts required in cycling have encouraged cyclist to dope, Armstrong is an obvious example however it is also clear from the ongoing suspensions that cyclists still 'need' to dope to compete at the top in a 3 week Tour de France or Giro d'Italia. It isn't humanely possible to ride 250kms with a mountain top finish one day then repeat the following day, every day for a prolonged period.

Swimming? Tennis - Nadal has suffered strong rumours for a few years plus a never properly explained break from the sport 12 months ago which some say was an unofficial ban. Rugby... those lads are so well tuned and able to take knock after knock and bounce back up and sprint off that questions have to be asked. Football, there are very few serious athletes in football so I don't think it prevalent however there are strong rumours in Spain that doping is taking place. 

Sadly professional sport is currently suffering greatly as athletes risk all going for big bucks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:12 am

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 am wrote:the article states that Bolt was tested 12 times that year, how many do you have to pass to be considered clean? as i said before just by looking at Bolts physique its obvious hes not on steroids, id be surprised if hes even taking any suppliments going by his body shape. Sprinters who have been caught are always heavily muscled, with lots of definition, Bolt has a very natural body shape that hasnt altered much since he came into the sport.

Carl Lewis admitted he failed a drugs test. You don't have to look like Ben Johnson or li ford Christie. The "just look at .." Argument doesn't hold up, if it did , there'd just be drug testers deciding who looked too muscular.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 am

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:30 am wrote:the article states that Bolt was tested 12 times that year, how many do you have to pass to be considered clean? as i said before just by looking at Bolts physique its obvious hes not on steroids, id be surprised if hes even taking any suppliments going by his body shape. Sprinters who have been caught are always heavily muscled, with lots of definition, Bolt has a very natural body shape that hasnt altered much since he came into the sport.

Marion Jones cleared every drug test. She was tall (ex basketball player) who 'redefined" sprinting. The balco lab made her some cool drugs which beat the testing. She has since admitted all. The drug testing was not up to it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:23 am

Mo Farah , with the coach he has , being diagnosed with asthma which allows him use certain banned substances is interesting.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:28 am

My county's greatest Olympian Michelle smith won 3 gold medals in 1996 , never failed a drug test in her whole career, her trainer and husband has an "interesting " history regarding drugs. She got very quick later in life for some reason. She has never been stripped of her medals. She passed the  drug tests just like mo farrah and usain bolt.

Olympic hero !
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:31 am

Even ignoring the fact I disagree with everything, why wouldn't he take supplements if it could make him .01 second faster which could be the difference ? No logic in that statement .
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum