Books - Suggestions

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:57 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Tell you what I read that got me into the whole physics thing, really interesting, the Bill Bryson book - A Short History of Nearly Everything.  I took it to Amsterdam and read it in the airport and on the plane.  In fact, I might read it again soon. :)

Read a few Bill Bryson books, easy-reading and enjoyable. He's actually an extremely intelligent guy though
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:00 pm

Yes, I also read A Short History. Excellent read, although there are one or two boring chapters.

Anthony Kiedis' book "Scar Tissue" is a cracking read. Man, do I love the Chilli Peppers!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Honolulu Bob » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:25 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Tell you what I read that got me into the whole physics thing, really interesting, the Bill Bryson book - A Short History of Nearly Everything.  I took it to Amsterdam and read it in the airport and on the plane.  In fact, I might read it again soon. :)

I read that on me travels, actually makes science interesting.
Bryson's a top class writer, always worth a read.

The Essential Shankley by John Keith - Christ what a man Shanks was! Legend!  :cool:

Just read the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman, not normally my type of thing but thought they were excellent.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby glambertino » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:21 am

believe me johnnymac, if it´s the book by michael talbot then it´s amazing.
glambertino

Postby taff » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:29 am

Bryson class, fair play to him.

I loved the bit about Yellowstone Park when they realised the immense size of the volcanoe there  :oh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:39 am

glambertino wrote:believe me johnnymac, if it´s the book by michael talbot then it´s amazing.

That's the one my friend.  Still haven't started it, but it's there waiting to be read.
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum