Asian invasion - Oriental film

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Finally found the time to trawl through my to watch list and picked  'A Bittersweet Life' ,which imo is one of the best Korean gangster films I've seen ,brilliant dialogue and strong acting performances from all the main characters.

9/10
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:22 pm wrote:Finally found the time to trawl through my to watch list and picked  'A Bittersweet Life' ,which imo is one of the best Korean gangster films I've seen ,brilliant dialogue and strong acting performances from all the main characters.

9/10

:nod   I normally prefer the "historical" films from that part of the world but that they do turn out some great gangster/cop stuff and Bittersweet Life is a top movie.

Full movie with English subs available on YouTube if anyone's interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aGy6GUITQQ

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:54 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:12 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:22 pm wrote:Finally found the time to trawl through my to watch list and picked  'A Bittersweet Life' ,which imo is one of the best Korean gangster films I've seen ,brilliant dialogue and strong acting performances from all the main characters.

9/10

:nod   I normally prefer the "historical" films from that part of the world but that they do turn out some great gangster/cop stuff and Bittersweet Life is a top movie.

Full movie with English subs available on YouTube if anyone's interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aGy6GUITQQ

Thanks for the link mate ,going to watch 'Friend' which is another absolute classic
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:54 pm wrote:
Thanks for the link mate ,going to watch 'Friend' which is another absolute classic

Didn't know about "Friend" Red, apparently on release (2001) became the highest grossing Korean movie of all time .

Just found the full movie with eng subs on YouTube, will give it a watch later this week   :)

link >  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylwCH0cWdJA

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:02 am

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:58 pm wrote:

Didn't know about "Friend" Red, apparently on release (2001) became the highest grossing Korean movie of all time .

Just found the full movie with eng subs on YouTube, will give it a watch later this week   :)

Its one of my favourites mate ,if you haven't seen it you're in for a treat fella ,its truly an incredible movie .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:02 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:58 pm wrote:

Its one of my favourites mate ,if you haven't seen it you're in for a treat fella ,its truly an incredible movie .

Watched "Friend" Red.

A theme that was not uncommon in asian film "best mate boyhood friends grow up and fall out" always a good one    :D

However, I thought they poured on the syrup a bit too thick in the early parts of the film.

The movie certainly got stronger as it progressed and began to feel like a much more "current" Korean gangster flic.

Big thanx for the heads up, I did enjoy it but can't say I'd put it in my top ten.

As we're swapping recommendations  (always a good thing   :)   )

Not sure if you've seen "I Saw the Devil"  but there deffo no syrup in this one, well worth the watch.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Heavenly Soldiers

A familiar theme but still a more than decent "matinee" movie

North Korean soldiers with a nuclear warhead are transported back in time   :wwww     :D

Full movie

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Have you seen the Berlin File yet mate ,definitely worth a squint. I've seen I Saw the Devil ,deservedly carries  the mantle for the best revenge film, I mean how could it fail with Choi Min Sik at his malevolent best ,with enough intensity it reels you in like the obligatory fish on a big hook ....Top film !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:42 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:56 pm wrote:Have you seen the Berlin File yet mate ,definitely worth a squint. I've seen I Saw the Devil ,deservedly carries  the mantle for the best revenge film, I mean how could it fail with Choi Min Sik at his malevolent best ,with enough intensity it reels you in like the obligatory fish on a big hook ....Top film !

Missed Berlin File Red, just checked out the trailer on YouTube , big thanx for the heads up   :buttrock

The search for a full torrent  begins   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 20, 2016 4:47 pm

I'm not really a huge fan of the modern Asian horror movies ,but because someone had told me it was based on true events that was highlighted right through the Chinese media I gave it a look. Turns out it was one of those movies that force you to leave all the lights on downstairs and fail to set the alarm as you bound up the stairs four steps at a time  :D

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 20, 2016 4:47 pm wrote:I'm not really a huge fan of the modern Asian horror movies ,but because someone had told me it was based on true events that was highlighted right through the Chinese media I gave it a look. Turns out it was one of those movies that force you to leave all the lights on downstairs and fail to set the alarm as you bound up the stairs four steps at a time  :D

Watched it this afternoon, mate all I can say is you dont half scare easily    :ghostface:

Not as creepy as I expected it to be but did enjoy it  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Not really a huge fan of Asian movies, mostly because even the normal films are sometimes too weird for me, probably down to cultural and mentality differences between us and them, but I saw Oldboy recently (old movie I know), and although a good amount of weirdness was present in this one as well, I have to say it's probably one of the best movies out there.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:53 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:56 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 20, 2016 4:47 pm wrote:I'm not really a huge fan of the modern Asian horror movies ,but because someone had told me it was based on true events that was highlighted right through the Chinese media I gave it a look. Turns out it was one of those movies that force you to leave all the lights on downstairs and fail to set the alarm as you bound up the stairs four steps at a time  :D

Watched it this afternoon, mate all I can say is you dont half scare easily    :ghostface:

Not as creepy as I expected it to be but did enjoy it  :D

Bag of shite when it comes to ghosts mate  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:27 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:02 pm wrote:Not really a huge fan of Asian movies, mostly because even the normal films are sometimes too weird for me, probably down to cultural and mentality differences between us and them, but I saw Oldboy recently (old movie I know), and although a good amount of weirdness was present in this one as well, I have to say it's probably one of the best movies out there.

Hmmm ?

Interesting that you mention cultural differences, that was perhaps what drew me to Asian film in the first place !, their perspective made a refreshing change from the Hollywood pap we see week in week out on our cinema screens.

Mate, if your mind is open too it, do your self a favour and check out a few more Asian movies, their invention is often staggering !.

Glad you saw "Old Boy", great film, apart from the fantastic premise of someone being locked away in an apartment for years on end watching the world go by on the TV, where else would you see a movie where there's a full on fight with fella's armed with hammers  !!

Trawl through this thread Damjan, there are many top movies recommended that are worth watching, if you want too perhaps narrow it down to a genre that appeals to you give me or RBG a shout.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:15 am

damjan193 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:02 pm wrote:Not really a huge fan of Asian movies, mostly because even the normal films are sometimes too weird for me, probably down to cultural and mentality differences between us and them, but I saw Oldboy recently (old movie I know), and although a good amount of weirdness was present in this one as well, I have to say it's probably one of the best movies out there.

Oldboy was epic the twist at the end was gross but yet very cleverly put.
The remake however i found poorly executed.

The only oriental movies I've  watched are martial Arts based with stunning scenery.

I would like to watch some from different genre.
Are there any oriental movies simlar to marvel world/DC?? Thor, Iron man, super man etc...
Any recommendations?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum