World cup 2018

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Spain just werent good enough  :no
Personally i think France will be hard to stop but am rooting for the croats  :buttrock be nice to see someone new lift it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Currently i really don't know who i would want to win the cup. Yup wouldn't mind Crotia given Lovren plays for them.

I like France but don't want to see Pogba lifting the trophy.

Wouldn't mind Uruguay or even outsiders like Denmark or Sweden.

Btw so far Denmark leading 1-0 vs Croatia.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Croatia scraping through after being taken to the wire by Denmark!
Schmeichel made a couple of great penalty saves particularly the one from Modric deep into extra time, if that would have went in it would have been game over. I know he's not the best keeper out there but if we can't get an Oblak or Allison imo he would make a decent fallback option.
He's experienced and knows the prem inside out, he also knows what it takes to win the league as well. He's been through a title run in and didn't fall apart.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:12 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:56 pm wrote:Spain just werent good enough  :no
Personally i think France will be hard to stop but am rooting for the croats  :buttrock be nice to see someone new lift it.

Spain were shocking. No urgency in their play...even with 30 seconds to go before pens, their keeper rolls it out short instead of booting it forward. Crazy stuff.

That said, Real Madrid did their part in f**king up the WC before Spain had even got on the plane.  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Adios Spain, another great result

Loves got the world in motion
And I can't believe it's true  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 pm wrote:Image

No career ending injury but I will settle for the c*nt crying like a baby after being knocked out of his last World cup    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

f*ck you Tiny Tears !

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: loved it, seeing Ramos cry, best moment of the WC so far :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Quite a lot of Mannure players have been in this world cup and still in it. Didn't know Lindelof was from Sweden.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:02 pm

HT 0-0
Columbia are lucky to still have XI men on the pitch after that lad threw the head in on Hendo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 pm

England through on pens, I'm telling you their name is on it. Any team with United players in it is going to be jammy as hell.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:58 pm

England were poor, Hendo almost lost it lol. I can't see them beating Brazil/France or even Belgium.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 am

Agree that that lad should have went for the head on Henderson. The Ref was weak and at times struggled to control the players like Falcao who was constantly throwing tantrums in his face. A few of the England lads were at it as well and it made for painful watching until the scores were level.
Thought Pickford played really well and showed some good bottle during the shootout. Also pulled off some save just before the scores were level.  Also thought Maguire had a decent game with plenty of fight about him.  At one point I thought Stones was pulling a whitey  :laugh: The pressure was really beginning to show on him.
Sterling is a total waster who is full of himself and was non existent. Henderson is a total passenger during games and gets stuck in a slow gear, He had miss wrote all over him.
On the account that England at least tried to play football and Colombia didn't I would say the best team won in the end. They will need to step it up a bit for Saturday though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:36 am

Express yourself
You can't be wrong
When somethings good
Its never wrong   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Lads you're too negative, Hendo was solid but agree Sterling is a headless chicken. Overall a good overall performance.

I have justa   single gripe that we're not scoring goals from open play. You can't win the world cup on penalties and corners alone!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 pm wrote:Agree that that lad should have went for the head on Henderson. The Ref was weak and at times struggled to control the players like Falcao who was constantly throwing tantrums in his face. A few of the England lads were at it as well and it made for painful watching until the scores were level.
Thought Pickford played really well and showed some good bottle during the shootout. Also pulled off some save just before the scores were level.  Also thought Maguire had a decent game with plenty of fight about him.  At one point I thought Stones was pulling a whitey  :laugh: The pressure was really beginning to show on him.
Sterling is a total waster who is full of himself and was non existent. Henderson is a total passenger during games and gets stuck in a slow gear, He had miss wrote all over him.
On the account that England at least tried to play football and Colombia didn't I would say the best team won in the end. They will need to step it up a bit for Saturday though.

Apart from that slightly comical moment when he turned his back on Ashley Young's throw in I thought Maguire was outstanding, that Yerry Mina looked really good as well, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them in a red shirt next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 pm wrote:Agree that that lad should have went for the head on Henderson. The Ref was weak and at times struggled to control the players like Falcao who was constantly throwing tantrums in his face. A few of the England lads were at it as well and it made for painful watching until the scores were level.

Apart from that slightly comical moment when he turned his back on Ashley Young's throw in I thought Maguire was outstanding, that Yerry Mina looked really good as well, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them in a red shirt next season.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media- ... yerry-mina
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... k-14866668

He could very well end up on Merseyside yet but it could be in blue.  :lookaround

Maguire had a good season last year and despite his inexperience still rose to the occasion at the W.C so he would be my choice should we be looking to add another CH.

Mina only signed for Barca in January so I doubt they will sell him so soon. They paid something like €11 mil for him and he reportedly has a buyout for €100  :eyebrow .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion