World cup 2018

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Normal time should have finished 2-2 when you take the two goals France were gifted by an inept referee out of the equation ,what use is VAR if it fails to pick up some ***** throwing himself to the floor and an unavoidable ball to hand incident ?  :glare: Roy Keane was bang on the money when he branded those decisions disgusting.

I now have to spend the next few weeks pretending to the wife that I'm happy for her and her compatriots and force myself to endure a celebratory party thrown in honor to her countrymen  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm wrote:Normal time should have finished 2-2 when you take the two goals France were gifted by an inept referee out of the equation ,what use is VAR if it fails to pick up some ***** throwing himself to the floor and an unavoidable ball to hand incident ?  :glare: Roy Keane was bang on the money when he branded those decisions disgusting.

I now have to spend the next few weeks pretending to the wife that I'm happy for her and her compatriots and force myself to endure a celebratory party thrown in honor to her countrymen  :(

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:22 pm

kazza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm wrote:Normal time should have finished 2-2 when you take the two goals France were gifted by an inept referee out of the equation ,what use is VAR if it fails to pick up some ***** throwing himself to the floor and an unavoidable ball to hand incident ?  :glare: Roy Keane was bang on the money when he branded those decisions disgusting.

:laugh:

Only so many wine and cheese soirees a man can stomach and I detest Brie. So should I tell her ?.......... Should I f*ck !!!!!  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:07 am

I don't understand why VAR's introduction in football has been so traumatic when rugby, cricket and tennis have been smooth transitions, unless of course the referees are fckuing idiots. That first goal/free kick was a joke. The ref made a bad decision, goes to see it on VAR and makes the same bad decision a second time. So what's the point of having VAR. The value of VAR is having a 4th official in the stand, isolated from the emotion of the players and fans who looks at the replay in isolation and gives the ref his opinion. The ref has the final say however as in rugby, the ref and 4th official are usually end in agreement. So I am 100% for VAR but FIFA/UEFA have as usual demonstrated complete incompetence in how it is to be used.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Reg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 am wrote:I don't understand why VAR's introduction in football has been so traumatic when rugby, cricket and tennis have been smooth transitions, unless of course the referees are fckuing idiots. That first goal/free kick was a joke. The ref made a bad decision, goes to see it on VAR and makes the same bad decision a second time. So what's the point of having VAR. The value of VAR is having a 4th official in the stand, isolated from the emotion of the players and fans who looks at the replay in isolation and gives the ref his opinion. The ref has the final say however as in rugby, the ref and 4th official are usually end in agreement. So I am 100% for VAR but FIFA/UEFA have as usual demonstrated complete incompetence in how it is to be used.

If anything the World Cup just pointed out the glaring deficiencies in the VAR process ,Croatia players never remonstrated with the officials for the French blurts ridiculous dive so no VAR was called on ,yet French players surrounded and baited the ref for theirs so it was subsequently afforded. If VAR is to be utilized to its maximum effect all disputed decisions or those that lead to a position of advantage 'if given' should be subject to the process,until then its just another case of FIFA using the glitches that exist in a flawed system to suit their own agenda.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 am

Reg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 am wrote:I don't understand why VAR's introduction in football has been so traumatic when rugby, cricket and tennis have been smooth transitions, unless of course the referees are fckuing idiots. That first goal/free kick was a joke. The ref made a bad decision, goes to see it on VAR and makes the same bad decision a second time. So what's the point of having VAR. The value of VAR is having a 4th official in the stand, isolated from the emotion of the players and fans who looks at the replay in isolation and gives the ref his opinion. The ref has the final say however as in rugby, the ref and 4th official are usually end in agreement. So I am 100% for VAR but FIFA/UEFA have as usual demonstrated complete incompetence in how it is to be used.

The problem with the referee checking his own decision is ego may come into it aside from the things you mention, especially if the players were winding the ref up. Players scream and shout after bad decisions and probably call the ref an idiot, so that may influence him if he had to reverse his own call. On the other hand, another person in a quiet room watching a tv screen may verify contact but unless on the field cannot really tell if the contact was enough to make a difference. Not an easy thing for FIFA and at some point they may work out the bugs but it is a work in progress.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:04 pm

With Sancho, Odoi and co Englands future looks promising.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion