World cup 2018

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 am

I thought Ashley Young was an embarrassment for England. Diving, fouling and generally playing like a ManUre player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:50 pm

France march on and currently looks like Belgium will join them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:28 am

Great to see Belgium win, Neymar can head off to Hollywood and try for an Oscar over there now

Would have preferred Uruguay to cause an upset but you cant have everything
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:46 pm

FFS Sterling you could have ended this contest by now
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:34 pm

England march onto the Semis. This is their best chance ever to hit a final and possibly even win it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:51 pm

redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:34 pm wrote:England march onto the Semis. This is their best chance ever to hit a final and possibly even win it.

Deffo their best chance but honestly unless they start to pick up their pace I don't see them winning it.

Nice to see England win but their style has bored me to death.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:55 pm

I agree their matches are dreadful to watch to say the least. Reminds me of manure in many aspects.

Since watchin Klopps footy with us i feel I've become spoilt to exciting footy because I'm finding a lot of matches boring now.

Also just to add on Sterling is fekin shyte.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 pm

England would be fv[cked] without set pieces. Poor old Graham Taylor got lambasted for playing this style of footy but Southgate is being lauded as some sort of tactical genius. Funny enough I've always thought that England should play to more to their strengths. Even with the likes of Gerrard and Scholes etc England were never going to outpass the likes of Spain, A front 2 of Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch would have probably caused a lot of these foreign sides more trouble than say a Wayne Rooney type, particularly with players like Beckham and Gerrard pinging crosses into the box.
It's not always about picking the best XI players, it's about picking players that the opposition will struggle to handle.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Well done Lovren and Croatia.

Putin is going to chop a few d1ks off tonight.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 am

Surely we have a good chance to get past Croatia as well?  Who re their danger men, are there any stand out performers?

Belgium v France should be a cracker, not sure who I'd rather meet in the final, maybe France??
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:52 am

Good news is our players are on holiday getting ready for the new season and our rival's players are still playing then get a short break before reporting to their clubs, surely 80% of those players will have a WC hangover and it seems to happen every WC. The four semi finalists are packed with our rivals players and only one team will win so there will be a lot of exertions both physically and mentally and a lot of heartbreak, we could not have asked for a better semifinal lineup. Every team left still have two games to play then go on holiday July 15, those players will be knackered.

My call of a Belgium/England final is still on the cards 

Football is coming home and so is the title next year  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:14 am

Reg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:56 am wrote:Surely we have a good chance to get past Croatia as well?  Who re their danger men, are there any stand out performers?

Belgium v France should be a cracker, not sure who I'd rather meet in the final, maybe France??

Croatia have some quality players Reg, Modriic and Kovacic (both Real Madrid) and Rakatic (Barcelona) to name but a few. There's also a Liverpool player at the back who can be a danger from corners   :lookaround    :;):

Not sure about who I'd rather meet in the final, not even convinced we'll be in it. Both semi's are finely balanced.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:09 am

redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:Also just to add on Sterling is fekin shyte.

Yes, just shows how much he was carried by Man City players last season  and Suarez am Sturridge with us. Without world class players around him he is massively exposed.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Boocity » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:09 am wrote:
redshade » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:Also just to add on Sterling is fekin shyte.

Yes, just shows how much he was carried by Man City players last season  and Suarez am Sturridge with us. Without world class players around him he is massively exposed.

Rashford must be totally p'issed off when he see's how many opportunities Sterling has fluffed, he's gotta be thinking "why the f'ck am I playing second fiddle to this waster when all he's done is too run a bit quick     :angry:        "

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:54 am

the lack of knowledge of football in this country is outstanding, people actually think Marcus Rashford is better than Raheem Sterling, absolute madness
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion