World cup 2018 bid

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Lets be honest who on this forum truly believed England would get to stage the World Cup .... ?  Surely with  Prince William and David Beckham failure was unthinkable .... how could this presentation with our own future King ,and Lord David Beckham possibly fail  :D   I mean we even whipped up the Prime Minister on a mere whim .......such was England's total desperation to land the 2018 World Cup they conveniently forgot  how the majority of the World despise our arrogance and our ridiculous need for ceremony ...... So they stood begging bowl in hands eagerly anticipating the result ,and were thrown a few measly crumbs by those immoral and corrupt members collectively known as  F.I.F.A  ....... and yet again with 2 votes the World of football laughs just as loud as when United Kingdom receive marginally better than nil poi in the Eurovision  .................. the look of abject disappointment on the circus that we employed to boost our chances was entertainment value enough ............when once again the world laughs in unison at our failure .....  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

The bids came down to politics and had nothing to do with the bids themselves - FIFA has said it was our media that stopped us winning and it would of been an insult if we won .
Benny The Noon

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:21 pm

perhaps qatar will build stadiums underground with training facilities - they'll need to as its daymn hot

rediculous giving it to them, and russia, i'd rather it be in spain
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 pm

They say the more money the less taste ... and these crass designs prove it ....I espescially like the 2nd stadium  which looks like a fucking wind break :D

Qatar's stadiums
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm

I thought it would be Spain to be honest, but the way they've handled themselves kind of suggested they were half @rsed about the whole thing

though they got well peeved when we used showed Nando in our video  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby rocky29 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Greavesie wrote:
rocky29 wrote:it said all the stadiums are going to be biult within a 16 kilometres of each other to help  transport.

was it not 60km?

I'm just wondering if they can accomodate everyone more than anything

nope 12 stadiums they have 3 already within 16km some to hold 45.000 fans and a couple to hold 85.000 for the finals. It does look quite spectaculor to be honest. I wouldnt fancy working put them up in that heat though.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:54 pm

metalhead wrote:we will see this....hopefully... if Qatar change in the next 12 years :D

Hopefully!!! MH and you wonder  why we are bitter   :D
Last edited by laza on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Qatar should be interesting, happy an Arab coutnry has finally got it although it might have been better to co host between 2 countries. The obviously have a lot of work ahead of them but all things aside I don't think FIFA woudln't have given them it if they didn't think they were up to it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Qatar had the best bid for 2022, air conditioned stadiums adn all that, they're a rich nation so its all good, how russia got it i still dont know
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:36 pm

dawson99 wrote:I never mentioned Iran! no idea what hes on about lol

from Wikipedia:

Political alliances
On February 24, 2010, Qatar and Iran signed a defense co-operation agreement in which the two countries stressed the need to expand their defense cooperation.[14]

Iran and Qatar will

exchange specialized and technical committees
expand cooperation in training
conduct joint campaigns against terrorism and insecurity in the region
March 10, 2010. Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani has given his support to Iran’s right to nuclear technology, and considers Iran’s nuclear project to be for peaceful nuclear energy purposes.[15]
worcester_red

Postby worcester_red » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:48 pm

rocky29 wrote:it said all the stadiums are going to be biult within a 16 kilometres of each other to help  transport.

And what the feck is a country of 1.6 million people going to do with 12 60,000 staidums after teh world cup. It's a complete joke, and I already stated that i would not have had any problems if Saudi Arabia for example were hsoting it but such a tiny nation hosting a world cup is pure madness but I'm sure their media is compliant as of course is Russia's.
I hope every media service in the the UK and the rest of Europe really start digging into Fifa and expose these bloody crooks for what they really are.
worcester_red

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm

You will have problems with Saudi Arabia, because they are more strict in their laws than any other gulf countries - FACT

Why is it a joke? They have a Qatari LEAGUE, its not the best in the Middle East, not as much as the Saudi League, but it has its fans and has some football stars from Europe. Their stadiums can be used for many things after the WC, they can use it to hold other Asian events in the future, do you think the Qataris are just building stadiums for the WC? don't be so daft, they are doing this for many plans. Don't underestimate them, they will be perfect host for the WC 2010
Last edited by metalhead on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:00 pm

worcester_red wrote:
dawson99 wrote:I never mentioned Iran! no idea what hes on about lol

from Wikipedia:

Political alliances
On February 24, 2010, Qatar and Iran signed a defense co-operation agreement in which the two countries stressed the need to expand their defense cooperation.[14]

Iran and Qatar will

exchange specialized and technical committees
expand cooperation in training
conduct joint campaigns against terrorism and insecurity in the region
March 10, 2010. Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani has given his support to Iran’s right to nuclear technology, and considers Iran’s nuclear project to be for peaceful nuclear energy purposes.[15]

so what? :laugh:

because they have strong ties with Iran, it means they can't hold a WC? what does politics have to do with football?

oh and FYI, they have strong relationships with everyone, there is an American base in Qatar.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Qatar is gonna be awesome, simple as that.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Goodness knows what the world will be like in 2022.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion