Rooney - NOT world class ?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:31 am

He was f*cking awful today. England had lots of poor crosses, but they were under pressure. How they hell do you hit a corner like that? It looked like somebody using a 9 iron for the first time.

He's overrated and doesn't show up for England. He was one of the worst on the pitch. I hope to see Lallana getting more playing time (not that he was great when he came on).
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 am

he was shocking and has been all year, he should never been put on the plane .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 am

lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 am wrote:he was shocking and has been all year, he should never been put on the plane .

Which shows you've never watched a game of football in your life and should be on most haunted with Evette Fielding. :no
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:34 am

ethanr » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:31 am wrote:He was f*cking awful today. England had lots of poor crosses, but they were under pressure. How they hell do you hit a corner like that? It looked like somebody using a 9 iron for the first time.

He's overrated and doesn't show up for England. He was one of the worst on the pitch. I hope to see Lallana getting more playing time (not that he was great when he came on).

He was utter gash last night.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 am wrote:
lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 am wrote:he was shocking and has been all year, he should never been put on the plane .

Which shows you've never watched a game of football in your life and should be on most haunted with Evette Fielding. :no

you could get away with saying that to some other members mate but not me. Rooney has only had a few good games for man u this year, even their own fans have been on his back, not only is he unfit he was also out of form when the team was being picked, there was better players that could have got that spot, Roy was worried of the press outcry if he did not take him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:26 pm

lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:13 pm wrote: you could get away with saying that to some other members mate but not me. Rooney has only had a few good games for man u this year, even their own fans have been on his back, not only is he unfit he was also out of form when the team was being picked, there was better players that could have got that spot, Roy was worried of the press outcry if he did not take him.

:laugh:

Check your facts.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:34 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:31 am wrote:He was f*cking awful today. England had lots of poor crosses, but they were under pressure. How they hell do you hit a corner like that? It looked like somebody using a 9 iron for the first time.

He was utter gash last night.

His performance was typical of the last 12-18 months....1st half we had 10 men on the pitch for 40 minutes...2nd half was no better...rooney is not world class
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:00 pm

He had the potential. But he is far too stupid a player to be truly world class.
Always was and always will be IMO.
ConnO'var

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:09 am

ConnO'var » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:He had the potential. But he is far too stupid a player to be truly world class.

He reached it a few years ago, gone off the boil big time but still shows flashes of class. Still a quality player and the circus around him is a joke. This country will never do well when we pressurise our best players the way we do
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:48 am

ConnO'var » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:He had the potential. But he is far too stupid a player to be truly world class.

He reached it a few years ago, gone off the boil big time but still shows flashes of class. Still a quality player and the circus around him is a joke. This country will never do well when we pressurise our best players the way we do
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Didn't think that Rooney was that good yesterday. But I presume that the media over there are jizzing their pants over his first goal ever and how he couldn't carry England by himself or something like that, right?

I also think that bar the mistake at the end, Gerrard wasn't as bad as people say. Had a few good blocks and tackles and his passing was pretty good as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:50 pm

His first goal ever? ???

He's one of Englands all time leading scorers mate. Not sure if you're aware of that? His performance was decent,it certainly wasn't bad and he was not the reason England lost.

I really dont get this obsession with him. Hes a good player still and slightly past his best, people who question his quality are simply insane or clueless.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:04 pm

His first ever goal in a World Cup? I thought you guys were aware of this.

Anyway, I never said that he's a bad player, but he's just not the sensation that I presume that English media make him to be. Good player but not someone to be remembered as something special.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:04 am

Yes Rooney is a good player but he is also the weak link, I say that because constant England managers have refused to drop him, he always has to be accomodated. Yes he scored his first goal in any WC finals on Thursday but I also believed he cost us the match as well. The header against the bar from virtualy on the line was a terrible miss as was him shooting right at the keeper from 6 yards out and his goals was a tap in that in all honesty I reckon even i wouldn't have missed it.

I don't particularly blame Rooney for him being a constant even when not playing well its the same old problem, players deemed too good to drop by the media puts the manager under pressure. I have seen some of them media now saying we should build our team around Barkley, That's utter rubbish, you shouldn't build you national team around anyone, you do that they become undroppable as we have seen with SG and Rooney and in the past players like Shilton & Seaman even when their form is down or they are past it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:12 am

There is some Truth in what you say boo... But what you're saying is only partially right. If you have a superstar you should build your side around them. If I had messi, ronaldo, robben or Luis I'd set my side up to get the best from them as even when they aren't on form they can produce.

The other point is Rooney was at that level a few years ago and at twenty eight you wouldn't expect him to be past his best. Its a difficult one. If I was the England manager I'd have him in my squad all the time as you know if he turns up, he can win you a game.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion