Messi wins Ballon d’Or award for fifth time

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby football10 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:27 am

Lionel Messi reclaimed the FIFA Ballon d'Or award for the world player of the year on Monday from his great rival Cristiano Ronaldo who had walked off with the award for the previous two years.
The Barcelona and Argentina forward took 41.33 percent of the votes followed by the Portuguese and Real Madrid forward (27.76 percent), with Brazil and Barcelona forward Neymar third (7.86 percent).

"It is a very special moment for me to be back here on this stage, winning again another Ballon d'Or after being there in the audience watching Cristiano win," said Messi as he accepted the award at the end of a drawn-out 90-minute ceremony. "It's incredible this is my fifth."
Barcelona's Luis Enrique was voted coach of the year while United States World Cup winner Carli Lloyd, who scored a hat-trick in the final against Japan, was named women's player of the year.
Initially started as the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 1991, it became known as the Ballon d'Or after merging with France Football's European footballer of the year award in 2010.

football10
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 am

I'd still rather have Ronaldo in my team.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 am

Reg » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:17 am wrote:I'd still rather have Ronaldo in my team.

Neymar for me  :nod
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion