Euro's 2016

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Anyone see Hodgson's press conference today? I think I lost the last shed of respect I had for the guy after that.

He started it by saying "I don't know what I'm doing here"....and then continued to basically absolve himself of blame as he's no longer the manager. FFS Woy, England fans spent thousands following you and your misfits to France. You could at least give then an explanation as to why you f**ked it up. Why play Wiltshire when he wasn't fit? Why take Stirling when he's been sh!te all season?

He's a f**king fool. Just interested in the cash. Just like the rest
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:18 pm

The mans a goof mate. Can't believe he was out manager, even though it was only for 6 months.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:20 am

After their poor performance against Iceland the England team are hoping for a better performance against ASDA
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:41 am

Lol thats a good one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:42 pm

He said 'I don't know what Im doing here...'  because he made it clear in his press conference the night before everything he needed to say. He genuinely didn't know what else there was to say. He should've not appeared the 2nd time as he'd resigned and said his piece.

But the latter part of that sentence gets missed off. I feel sorry for Roy here,
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Thing is Lee, he was still out there, staying in the hotel paid for by the FA, using the cars paid for by the FA. He was also still collecting his FA pay packet - which is one of the highest of any manager in the Euros...

I don't think it's too much for him to answer some questions before flying home to his massive mansion and huge bank account. His resignation presser was short and there was lots to answer for. His attitude of "i'm off, it's nothing to do with me" was disgraceful.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:51 pm

He turned up at the second press conference to vanquish the idea he  was fwightened and afwaid to face the media . The fella deserves everything that's thrown at him as he had a team of talented players that really worked hard to retain the ball and pressed high to regain it ,and  Lallana was the catalyst for that as he provided the energy and the link up between midfield and attack ,yet he was dropped to the subs bench . Kane has been for the large part a complete waste of space ,yet he was chosen over Vardy. Sterling has been completely abysmal and he fits him back in the team for the most vitally important game of the tournament  ???

In summary he left Dier on his todd  to break up all the play as Rooney and Ali are not tacklers ,they don't disrupt the flow of an opponents attack ,I'm convinced all he had to do was include the energy of Henderson and Lallana and the game would have been won ! England lost because of the managers ineptitude ,his arrogance ,and his penchant for standing on the touchline devoid of ideas on how to change a game he's being outwitted in.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Well done Wales  :buttrock
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:33 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 pm wrote:Well done Wales  :buttrock

:bowdown  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:47 am

I hope they win it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Wales deserve all the praise that's coming their way ,they've shown that through hard work and graft that players who really want something badly enough can rise above all the teams crammed with world class talent and play with real pride and conviction. I don't think England fans will ever be able to say that ! 

Wales have been a breath of fresh air in much the same vein Leicester were last season ,how refreshing its been to see a team that have played each game like their lives depended on it ,how much of a message does it send to an England team and the English media and pundits who arrogantly  writ off Iceland the moment they realised it wouldn't be Portugal they were playing  ???

Congratulations Wales.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:38 pm wrote:Wales deserve all the praise that's coming their way ,they've shown that through hard work and graft that players who really want something badly enough can rise above all the teams crammed with world class talent and play with real pride and conviction. I don't think England fans will ever be able to say that ! 

Wales have been a breath of fresh air in much the same vein Leicester were last season ,how refreshing its been to see a team that have played each game like their lives depended on it ,how much of a message does it send to an England team and the English media and pundits who arrogantly  writ off Iceland the moment they realised it wouldn't be Portugal they were playing  ???

Congratulations Wales.

Fantastic post  :bowdown

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Hodgson's gone and he should take the utterly useless CAPTAIN (my ars.e) ROONEY with him  :help  :help  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:03 pm

At least Iceland are making France's life very difficult !! France 4 Iceland 0 at 45 minutes !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:16 pm

I take it as a blessing in disguise.

I can accept a one-off loss against Fishland. But a thrashing by France would be too much
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion