Euro 2012 thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I don't have to justify my opinion it's my opinion. Benny you should seriously shut up because your very annoying.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:12 pm

What do you base your opinion on then ?

Goals scored ? Assists ? Medals ? Goals for country ?

Because on every single stat Messi wipes the floor with everyone.

And to say that Iniesta makes all his goals once again shows you don't watch him very much.

So again what do you base your opinion on ?

Or are you going to get insulting again because you can't back it up
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Boxscarf » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm wrote:I've been criticised heavily for saying that English players are lacking in technical ability. People seem to bring these players club form into discussions about International football. Rooney might well perform well for his club week in and week out, but he like most England players do not perform at International level. I cannot even tell you the last time Rooney had a good match for England, yet he has been labelled by the current manager 'England's answer to Pele'.

People blame Hodgson's tactics for England's inability to keep hold of the ball, to string more than 3 passes together, to counter-attack successfully and yet basic ball retention and passing has been a problem for England for a number of years. This isn't a set of problems new to England, it's problems that have blighted England at International level for years.

Scott Parker got a lot of plaudits for his courage, his resilience and determination, that's wonderful, but he lacks basic technical ability, he cannot pass the ball, he is not composed on the ball, he might well tackle as good as Mascherano, but Mascherano can burst up the pitch with the ball, Mascherano is a goal-threat, Mascherano can pass the ball, play through balls, Scott Parker cannot do any of these things.

John Terry is another player who gets the plaudits, "a good old fashioned English center-back" and it shows. He's slow, his positioning a lot of the time is poor and while he might well throw himself in front of the ball and make some excellent last ditch tackles he lacks the technical abilities needed to be considered a top class center-back.

Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney are all other footballers considered 'World Class' and I just cannot see it.

These players don't have to be considered 'world class' to be capable of playing better in an England shirt. All they have to do is show a comparable level of form for their country as they do at club level. Rooney, Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Cole are league title and Champions League winners. They weren't passengers in those sides, either. If they can achieve so much at club level, they can certainly do a hell of a lot better at international level. Going forward, it will fall to the likes of Hart, Jones, Walker, Wilshere, Johnson, Welbeck, Carroll etc.. again players who are currently at the top clubs, some of whom have already won titles.
LFC2007

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:What do you base your opinion on then ?

And to say that Iniesta makes all his goals once again shows you don't watch him very much.

Iniesta has won more medals than messi

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Who gives a fk who is better tbh.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Ive only stated my opinion which i thought would be okay but obviously not.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:30 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:52 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:What do you base your opinion on then ?

Iniesta has won more medals than messi

Come on Richard what is your barometer to measure that RvP is better than Messi ?

What are you basing it ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:31 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 pm wrote:Ive only stated my opinion which i thought would be okay but obviously not.

Of course it's ok to state your opinion - no one has said you can't , but surely you have to be able to back it up and tell what you are basing that opinion on.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:31 pm

tubby » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm wrote:Who gives a fk who is better tbh.

Great input as ever Bav.
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Pirlo has been footballing sex this tournament for me. Sheer class
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:31 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:23 pm wrote:Ive only stated my opinion which i thought would be okay but obviously not.

Of course it's ok to state your opinion - no one has said you can't , but surely you have to be able to back it up and tell what you are basing that opinion on.

Im basing in on that when i watch RVP play im mesmerised by his talent. Not only does he bang in goals he also creates alot wins the ball and carrys Arsenal.

If Messi and RVP changed places i would see Arsenal getting worse and Barcelona getting better

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm wrote:Im basing in on that when i watch RVP play im mesmerised by his talent. Not only does he bang in goals he also creates alot wins the ball and carrys Arsenal.

If Messi and RVP changed places i would see Arsenal getting worse and Barcelona getting better

:upside:
LFC2007

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 pm

to be honest i dont give enough of a f**k about international football to want to see english players all turn into clones of continental players. i like the english game as it is - fast, direct and end to end.
that italian footy is like watching paint dry and the spanish league isnt much better, it`s alright the likes of trevor brooking saying he wants us to produce footballers in the mould of spanish and italian players but that surely will have a knock on affect on the style of footy played in our domestic game.
if the price of england winning a world cup or a euro`s is that we have to watch tactical chess matches every week then i`d rather just keep the status quo as it is.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ste1977 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Spain will win in 90 minutes on Sunday and destroy Italy
ste1977
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm wrote:to be honest i dont give enough of a f**k about international football to want to see english players all turn into clones of continental players. i like the english game as it is - fast, direct and end to end.
that italian footy is like watching paint dry and the spanish league isnt much better, it`s alright the likes of trevor brooking saying he wants us to produce footballers in the mould of spanish and italian players but that surely will have a knock on affect on the style of footy played in our domestic game.
if the price of england winning a world cup or a euro`s is that we have to watch tactical chess matches every week then i`d rather just keep the status quo as it is.

It would bring a better balance to the domestic game and national team if clubs developed players with better technique, but I don't see why that can't be done whilst maintaining the physicality, intensity, and more direct styles of play that characterise the English game. Germany aren't a bad example to follow, but even better would be to look to our own history as a club to see how British players came together to produce some of the best football around in the 70s and 80s.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion