Brendan Rogers appointed manager of Celtic !!!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Fri May 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Tried very hard to support Rogers when he was the manager of LFC. Never particularly like the man. Didn't ever feel that the pathetic insults were necessary though.

His appointment at Celtic is certainly a much bigger job than I expected him to land. Admittedly the league is relatively straight forward but Europe certainly isn't and it will be interesting to see how he copes. It is nearly 40 years since they won a European competition. With that in mind exepctation is not that high !!

I think the lucky git has landed himself one of the easiest (at a high level) well paid jobs in football !! Credit to the bloke because he has given up a massive (£8/10m) amount of severance pay from Liverpool to accept the job !!
Last edited by devaney on Wed May 25, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri May 20, 2016 7:47 pm

Fingers crossed he will come in for some of our young players full of character  :laugh:

But seriously, good luck to him, he was a nice guy. just never fully worked out with us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri May 20, 2016 7:49 pm

I always liked Brendan but the job here was abit too big for him. Hope it works out for him at Celtic.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 20, 2016 7:51 pm

The insults just come with the job these days dev, even Kenny and Rafa got plenty of abuse and no doubt Jurgen will kop for the same treatment from 'the best fans in the world ©' some point down the line as well.
Celtic are a great club and I think Brendan will do a terrific job there. Some of the best football i ever seen out of any Liverpool side happened under Rodgers so good luck to the fella.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 pm

His still young and possibly building up his experience. He will win a few titles there and shift somewhere else.
However the job won't be very easy because Rangers will aim to reclaim the title.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Fri May 20, 2016 9:35 pm

i think its outstanding

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri May 20, 2016 11:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 20, 2016 6:51 pm wrote:The insults just come with the job these days dev, even Kenny and Rafa got plenty of abuse and no doubt Jurgen will kop for the same treatment from 'the best fans in the world ©' some point down the line as well.
Celtic are a great club and I think Brendan will do a terrific job there. Some of the best football i ever seen out of any Liverpool side happened under Rodgers so good luck to the fella.

Well said as always.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat May 21, 2016 9:40 am

Smacks of desperation on BR's part of you ask me, he's banished himself to Scotland.

If that's the best he can do then..... good luck.   :kungfu:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 21, 2016 2:55 pm

A 12 month rolling contract  :laugh: Really committing himself there isn't he!!

He will feel the pressure if he bombs out of Europe and they aren't top of the league because that set of fan's will not swallow his bull  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun May 22, 2016 3:49 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri May 20, 2016 10:49 am wrote:I always liked Brendan but the job here was abit too big for him. Hope it works out for him at Celtic.

Same. Passionate guy and I think he'll prove himself one day. This will probably be a good job for him right now. I'm happy to see him land back on his feet.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Shame he's taken a job in Scotland. Think he's gone down a tier in Footballing terms, like Rafa.

Think Brendan would have been better taking a job in Spain or somewhere. I mean, 2-3 years at Celtic won't count for much when it comes to getting a job in the Premier League....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:21 pm

B ROD really needs to learn to shut up. After a few dismal matches in his CL qualifying, he's now blaming the FANS for the poor performances  :laugh:

Brendan Rodgers: Celtic fans 'put players on edge'

Manager Brendan Rodgers says the Celtic fans "put the players on edge" during the Champions League win over Astana.

Moussa Dembele's injury-time penalty sealed a 2-1 win on the night for the Scottish champions and a 3-2 aggregate victory over the Kazakh side.

That put them into Friday's play-off round draw - one tie away from the group stages - after a nervy evening.

"The fans were unbelievable for us, but I think they need to show a little bit of patience as well," Rodgers said.

"I'm a Celtic supporter. I know what they want, I know how desperate they want it. But instead of having that edginess, trust the players and how we work and eventually we can get there."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:42 am

7-0 to Barcelona........

Hahahahahahahaha.

And he has the gall to come out saying there "is no embarrassment in the result"

How much more evidence do you need that a packet of crisps can do a better job than this pathetic excuse of a Con artist pretending to be a football manager?!?

To all the muppets that kept defending him when he was here, hang your heads in shame.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:19 am

He's been well and truly found out and needs to get out of Celtic before his reputation is shot forever.

Complete disaster.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:29 am

eds » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:42 am wrote:7-0 to Barcelona........

Hahahahahahahaha.

And he has the gall to come out saying there "is no embarrassment in the result"

How much more evidence do you need that a packet of crisps can do a better job than this pathetic excuse of a Con artist pretending to be a football manager?!?

To all the muppets that kept defending him when he was here, hang your heads in shame.

Oh come on Eds it's hardly a level playing field is it? Barcelona can afford to go out and spend £70m+ on a 27 year old like Suarez where as the most Celtic have ever spent on a player was £6m on John Hartson and that was back around the turn of the millennium.
Even championship clubs like Newcastle spend far more than Celtic do, seriously mate what do you expect?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion