4%
6.- Tactics
17%
7.- Others
8%

Total votes : 48

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:56 pm

7 - Others.

Winning the champions league in his first season.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:33 am

Its tad too harsh kharhaz, I'm greatful we won it amazing thing that happened.

However, rafa really can't cut it in the transfer market
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 am

metalhead wrote:Its tad too harsh kharhaz, I'm greatful we won it amazing thing that happened.

However, rafa really can't cut it in the transfer market

I didnt mean it to sound harsh, and like you will be forever grateful to rafa for one of the best nights ive seen in football from Liverpool.

I said its the worst mistake as from straight off the bat he raised the expectation levels so high we expected future success. Another european final and an FA Cup win has kept us satisfied since but after the last few seasons we are just gutted at the progress he has made. If he hadnt raised the bar so far from the off, would he be under so much pressure to get results? Or would he still be here?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:17 pm

where's the option for all the lies about Torres being injured? That's my choice :;):
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 pm

the transfer market is his down fall, makes the wrong signings too often and squanders money.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 pm

i went for tactics, and strangely thats what alot of people think of as his strength.
I just think the way we are set up is too rigid and he takes far too long to change things when they are clearly not working.
And for me makes bizarre changes.
Games we feel are must win i dont ever come away thinking Rafa did all he could there.
I mean the champions league final defeat when he just bombed Crouch.
Ok if you didnt want to start him fair enough, but no other manager i have ever seen would leave a big handful like that on the bench and bring on a full back.
Bizarre doesnt come into it.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 am

Ben Patrick wrote:I mean the champions league final defeat when he just bombed Crouch.
Ok if you didnt want to start him fair enough, but no other manager i have ever seen would leave a big handful like that on the bench and bring on a full back.
Bizarre doesnt come into it.

Ive mentioned this before, this is where rafa doesnt put the club first but his own interests. Far too often he has made decisions like this. He would much rather prove his point rather than put the club first. How many players have left that could make a difference and have left because rafa didnt get on with them?

Its not just bizarre, its tiresome and depressing.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:46 am

Alonso case for me after getting so close last year despite all these supposed major Rafa's flaws

Losing and more importantly not being able to replace him has been major blow to this campaign and all ramfications of that, now seem to be rising to the top of pressure cooker

Not sure about early Champion league win and expectation. There has been major expectation for whoever manages this club since glorys days of 70/80s to win the league
That expectation never helps the cause especially in these high finance times where money is expected to buy instant success
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Transfers for me. Aqualani may eventually prove to be a good signing but we needed someone to slot in immediately not someone who'd spend 90% of the season in the treatment room or on the bench. In addition I think Johnson was overpriced, great going forward questionable going back, I'm convinced we could have got a more than decent right back for half the price, on top of this given Aurelios recurring injury problems the looming crisis at left back should have been anticipated and dealt with. Rafa also failed to address the lack of a second seasoned striker, didn't even play Kuyt there who would have been a far better choice (imo) than Ngog. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Teshie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm

it's got to be man management. Look at the players that could have been so much better in our squads if played properly in their positions - Babel + Keane specifically. The Xabi case may or may not have come down to player management relations. The Riera case is a definite cause of poor player management. Also the defending of set pieces this season ... yuck, but i guess that's more to do with actual coaching. To be honest man management blankets over alot of issues specifically rotation tactics and signings so for me it's management
Teshie

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:21 pm

The Good Yank wrote:I voted the Alonso Case.  Although I'd sort of put that in a Man management sub-section. 

I was the same, Alonso specifically but also Babel, Keane, Reira, losing the backroom team etc.. at the end of the day its poor man management so voted accordingly.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 am

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:Where is the option for all of the above?  :D

I want an option of all the above plus a lot more  :D

Absolutely.

I was going to do a poll on who members think appreciates the job Rafa is doing most. Options would be :

Liverpool fans
Chelsea fans
Everton fans
Man Utd fans
Man City fans
Tottenham fans
Everyone but Liverpool fans
All other fans and a few blinkered Liverpool fans

Bar one or two high points, has his tenure been that successful? All managers end up with a few good players, you can't pay lots of money and not get some good players. Even Souness won a trophy in his time, perhaps Rafa gets cut a lot more slack because of Istanbul when that was one of a number of high points you could count on one, maybe two hands - CL win, CL final 2, finishing second, FA Cup, erm, erm, erm. I could list more, depends if you're wearing rose tinted specs and want to add enjoyable wins, but all managers have had those.

And where is the option "not leaving"............................?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 am

Sabre wrote:
heimdall wrote:
rocky29 wrote:the thing about man management i dont get is isnt capello similar to rafa in the way he doesnt get to involved wiv his players on a personal level but still gets the best out of his players?

No i think it's different, Capello is just very strict but he must be a very good man manager do have been able to handle the egos at for example Real Madrid and also England and to get the very best out of those players.

If Rafa was at charge, I can imagine you blaming Rafa for the Bridge-Terry affaire, and telling us that's what happens when you manage a team incorrectly.  :D

saw a Johnson interview where he said that Capello was MUCH more strict.  Johnson is not a man of many words, so I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by strict  (no fooling around in training, strict curfew rules, strict style of micro-managing how you play, etc ? )
JoeTerp

Postby Redx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:13 pm

I clicked on tactics but I needed more than one click..
Redx

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 pm

I believe it was speaking to the media about the Owners ... in a what now appears a futile attempt to give the fans the truth ...because it severely burnt any bridges that existed between them
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football Related Polls