Please post your football related Polls in this forum

To be, or not FSG?

1) FSG
94%
2) Or not to FSG
6%

Total votes : 18

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed May 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Personally, I'm on the fence with this one, that's probably why I'd like to see what others think.

It's a tough one at the moment especially, with doubts about 'what, how & why' FSG are doing the things they are doing.

Nobody really knows what's going on but the way I see it is, traditionalists Vs modernists.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed May 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Too early for me to Judge, I'll give it sometime.

I mean there are very strong arguments coming from both ''against'' and ''with'' camps that you kind of agree with, so I'll just wait
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu May 24, 2012 1:57 am

metalhead » Wed May 23, 2012 7:59 pm wrote:Too early for me to bumb Judge, I'll give it sometime.

I mean there are very strong arguments coming from both ''against'' and ''with'' camps that you kind of agree with, so I'll just wait

:blush:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2012 2:49 am

The idea is to express your current views today, so don't sit on the fence, vote. You can always change your views in 6 months. (fickle...)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 24, 2012 3:19 am

Reg » Thu May 24, 2012 1:49 am wrote:The idea is to express your current views today, so don't sit on the fence, vote. You can always change your views in 6 months. (fickle...)

:laugh:

Tell that to MH.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 am

Better off drawing a picture mate!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 am

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 24, 2012 7:35 am

In comparison to the previous owners, our new owners don't deserve any criticism. The bare existence of this thread is embarrassing.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 am

SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 am wrote:In comparison to the previous owners, our new owners don't deserve any criticism. The bare existence of this thread is embarrassing.

What, just like your username you mean?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 am

Kenny Kan » Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 am wrote:In comparison to the previous owners, our new owners don't deserve any criticism. The bare existence of this thread is embarrassing.

What, just like your username you mean?

Dry your eyes mate, no need to have a pop at me.

My point is what sort of support base have we become when we are criticising the owners who essentially rescued us from those cowboys who previously nearly ruined us.

My comment wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at the fact that some see a reason to criticise our owners, who in my opinion, have not done anything near enough wrong to deserve this criticism.

I saw less criticism of H&G when Rafa was sacked.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 24, 2012 9:11 am

I'm still worried about them.
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Thu May 24, 2012 10:29 am

I don't see many reasons to be against them as it stands. I'm not a massive fan of this DoF hierarchy but if its going to work they need time and our support. Not a lot about the new stadium but something was said recently. Overall I'm pretty happy but I do worry about some fans should the manager not be 'their choice' in Rafa Benitez
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Upon taking over they massively reduced the debt burden on the club, invested fairly substantial sums of money in new players and appointed the right man for the job in Kenny. Few would dispute that those were three very significant steps that put us in a much healthier situation than we had been under the previous regime.

Since then, we've not progressed at the pace we'd all hoped to and that's resulted in a change of manager -- a bold, some would say premature move on FSG's part. Whether it turns out to be the correct decision remains to be seen, though I suspect that unless the new manager achieves remarkable success there will always be those who will say that Kenny could have achieved the same, if not more had he remained in charge. I won't be one of them, so long as the man replacing Kenny has us progressing at a reasonable pace. It's one thing to wonder what might have been, but at some point we actually have to move on and judge the new guy in line with reasonable expectations.

In respect of the search for the new manager, based on what we know, I can't agree that FSG have gone about the process in the wrong way. From Dave Whelan to Frank Do Boer, it's everyone but FSG who are leaking the club's interest to the press and they have no means of controlling what those people choose to divulge. Do the candidates who are apparently under consideration give us any reason to be concerned? Possibly, given how inexperienced some of the main contenders are. But there are a number of examples of managers coming from lower levels and having major success at the very top, Rafa being the classic example. His experience consisted of managing Osasuna, Extremadura and Tenerife (Spanish for: Swansea, Wigan and Norwich) before taking over and winning league titles at Valencia.

Like others, I'm concerned about the so-called new 'management structure', particularly if it means the manager can be overruled by a DOF or similar on matters relating to the team. The man who works day in day out with the players is the man best placed to make decisions on tactics and new signings, not an executive above his head. Again, though, we're yet to find out how it will work and just as there are examples of inexperienced managers who make the successful jump to much bigger clubs, there are also club, like Barca, that have thrived under different management structures to the traditional manager/chief exec relationship.

How we progress off the pitch will very much depend on how we fair on it. That's why top four football is so important. We need the money and the lure of CL football to attract the players to help us win the trophies that will sustain our success. It will also help drive revenues, and they'll be needed to help fund a bigger stadium which according to Ayre, we're making good progress towards, so on that score, there is no reason as yet to think they won't deliver on their promise or at least no reason to believe they have no intention of doing so.

All in all, although they've taken some bold decisions, as yet I see no major cause for alarm. Early days, though.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Thu May 24, 2012 9:26 pm

My only real concern was the lack of movement on the stadium front but that looks like it might come to light soon. Otherwise im pretty happy with what they have done so far.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Thank you for your thoughts people.

My research is complete: 15 for FSG, 1 against them.

So, in true undemocratic EU fashion, I shall take this study case, make a website titled www.oustFSG.com and pass it on to Mr Henry and tell him 'Pool fans want him OUT!

:D

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Football Related Polls