Suarez, still with us ?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Will Suarez still be with us next season ?

1. He'll be gone
18%
2. He'll stick with us
64%
3. Unsure
18%

Total votes : 22

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Getting increasingly worried that Suarez may not be with us next season. The "talk" about him moving to Bayern just won't go away  :( .

Desperately want him to stay but I'm beginning to think he won't.

What do you guys think ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Maybe be gone - he won't want to stick around whilst the club is mid table
Benny The Noon

Postby fivecups » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:10 pm

If we don't get at least fifth he'll be gone. Lets face it a player of his calibre must have European football or else it's not right. I can't blame him if he goes, just hope it's abroad.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:52 pm

I think he'll stay at least until the next winter transfer window. But if next season we are still in mid table then he'll leave for sure. I Won't be surprised and won't blame him if he leaves in this transfer window though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 am

I think he will stay and give us another season at least.

I think Luis is a very rare breed, he loves playing football. He reminds me of the kid in the street when playing for LFC such is his enthusiasm. Hopefully this will trump the lure of higher profile football for one more season at least.

Saying that, I don't think I would begrudge him a move in the summer but I don't think it will happen.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm wrote:I think he will stay and give us another season at least.

I think Luis is a very rare breed, he loves playing football. He reminds me of the kid in the street when playing for LFC such is his enthusiasm. Hopefully this will trump the lure of higher profile football for one more season at least.

Saying that, I don't think I would begrudge him a move in the summer but I don't think it will happen.

Pretty much sums it up for me.  I think he really does enjoy playing for this football club, and he'll stick around for another season, tho asking for more than that is too much without champions league.  I will only wish him the best if he leaves as long as he does so properly (not shocking everybody with 3 days left in the transfer window to a direct rival, not to name any names).
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am

Reports seem pretty divided on Suarez' future

In the "Metro" this week

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has cast doubt over his future at the club by admitting he would be interested in a move to Bayern Munich in the summer.

Suarez has been heavily linked with Bayern, following the news that Pep Guardiola will take over as manager at the end of the season.

It is thought that Guardiola could use his football agent brother Pere, who represents Suarez, to help make the Uruguayan striker his first signing in Germany, and the player himself is doing little to discourage the talk, admitting he would like to talk to the Germans if an offer arrives.

‘If Bayern Munich makes an offer I would certainly be willing to listen and think about it,’ said Suarez.

‘It doesn’t mean I will definitely leave, it just means that I will not automatically reject other clubs.’

Suarez is currently enjoying one of his best seasons since joining Liverpool from Ajax in 2011, having scored 26 goals in 38 matches so far and picked up eight assists.

But as the Reds continue to falter in their quest to reach the top four, a transfer could be on the cards, despite Suarez only signing a new contract last August.

The 26-year-old would likely cost in excess of £40million.

:(

Meanwhile in yesterdays Mirror

Brendan Rodgers is adamant Luis Suarez will stay at Liverpool even if they miss out on Europe.

Liverpool are in danger of failing to qualify and they need to finish fifth to guarantee a Europa League place next season.

Rodgers is unconcerned that Suarez will demand to leave if they fall short and says the striker’s agent has told him he is happy at Anfield.

“There’s no getting away from it, Luis has been brilliant this year, but I haven’t seen anything different that would make me feel he wouldn’t be here,” said the Reds boss.

“I had a great conversation with his agent a couple of weeks ago. He came in and rolled it out that he was so happy here and he was keen over the next couple of years for the club to progress.

“I’ve made him sort of my architect within the group. Him and I communicate a lot so I get a feeling. It’s not like I don’t talk to him.

“Is he deserving of that Champions League level? Of course he is, but I would be confident enough that he will be here because he is enjoying his football.

“He’s playing well, he’s doing really well. Hopefully we continue to keep a great player like that.”

Rodgers is delighted with the 25-goal Suarez and claims the Uruguayan star remains as committed to Liverpool as he was last summer when he agreed a long-term deal.

“Luis has been phenomenal, and that’s not just the opinion of his manager,” he said.

“His desire is to see Liverpool progress and that’s why he signed last summer. I don’t feel, or see, anything different that would change my mind.

“This is a club that he loves. He is enjoying working this way. If we can keep supporting him and getting the team moving forward, then he seems happy and content.”

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:55 am

Dominic King today on Twitter -

Pere Guardiola, Suarez's agent, has has had a "great conversation" with Rodgers & informed him that @LFC's No 7 is "so happy here"
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Think he'll give it another year.  Wouldnt blame him if he did leave though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 pm

jacdaniel » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:46 am wrote:Think he'll give it another year.  Wouldnt blame him if he did leave though.

pretty much sums up my feelings on it
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 pm

He will stay. Signings like Coutinho and Sturridge will show Luis that were serious about becoming stronger and competing.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 pm wrote:He will stay. Signings like Coutinho and Sturridge will show Luis that were serious about becoming stronger and competing.

:nod  That's what I'm hoping for.

Despite some of our ups and downs I've got a feeling we're on the verge of really achieving something next season provided we can hang on to Luis.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:05 pm

i don't get the bayern link anyway, even if he does have the same agent as guardiola. they're going after lewandowski as their first choice and will probably get him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 am

I don't believe bayern would pay the fee required to get him either.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 am

I don't like the almost daily repeated assurances from Rodgers that he's staying. Who's he trying to convince?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football Related Polls