Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Stay or go

Stay
68%
GO
32%

Total votes : 19

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Luis Suarez - If we got an offer of 40 million for him. Would you want him to stay or let him go

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 pm

I would prefer he stay for next season at least, however if he goes, it should be quickly so we can spend the money wisely and not a last minute aka Torres
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Take the money and get someone who wants to be at the club
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 am

I think I will wait to see if he requests a move through the official channels before stating my preferences.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:41 am

Stay.

So although he has damaged our relationship with him I would him to stay, purely to push for CL next season. In my mind he loses the cult status he attained and now is just a player who is useful to our cause to finish in the top 4.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:50 pm

I think he's already gone in two ways.

1. Mentally he is clearly elsewhere and so I'd doubt his commitment if he were to stay, and then we'd have it all again in January
2. I really do think RM have agreed terms with his agent, and once he's back from the Confed Cup the deal will go through, as long as RM meet our price.  Which in my view should be £50m, certainly nothing below £45m.

We spend that wisely and move on.
mkingdom

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Ability not in doubt.

The question is: if he stays is he going to be as committed as ever and end the shenanigans? That's for the manager to judge but if he could be reasonably confident of it, I'd be happy to see him stay.

You can't be confident of that while he keeps on talking to the press about it being hard to turn down Madrid etc. The manager needs to sit him down and get a decision one way or the other fairly soon so we know whether to plan without him.
LFC2007

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:53 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 am wrote:I think I will wait to see if he requests a move through the official channels before stating my preferences.

Going out on a limb there.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Like it or not, he's got a bulldog mentality. I reckon if he stays, despite how hard he's tried to leave, he will still improve us (immensely). He can't help himself, I reckon.

I would be a little shocked to see him strolling around in a match. As soon as he sees the ball, he'll chase..... and maybe bite someone again,

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 am

He could be the difference between a real tilt at the top four or another disappointing finish.

I'd try and make a deal with him, give us one more season in a push for the top four, at the end of it we'll agree to let you go if you still want to.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 pm

We also need him to help bed in the new Spanish youngsters. If you know what I mean.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:53 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 am wrote:I think I will wait to see if he requests a move through the official channels before stating my preferences.

Going out on a limb there.  :D

:D

I thought I would have a spell of fence sitting mate ........ As soon as its safe I will make a timely jump onto the side that holds the majority
of the moral high ground.  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm

I agree with Babu and the others who have stated that it's not in his psycological make up NOT to give a 100% when he's on the pitch. When his screws aren't loose, he's a monster of a player and until we can replace him with someone of equal ability, i would be prepared to see him stay for one more season to give us a realistic tilit at the title or the very least top 4. (rose tinted glasses firmly planted on the bridge of my nose).

I am however, fully prepared for him eventually leaving as his heart is not here anymore.
I understood when he stated that he felt victimised by the FA and Fleet street but that all went out the window when he appeared to be willing to join the Gooners. For me that action is as clear an indication that he is being motivated by money and footballing ambitions.

I am realistic enough to know that in the modern world, this is going to be the norm rather than the exception. But I am bitterly dissapointed with the lad at the way he has gone about trying to get what he wants. So I say let him go.

But not NOW and only on our terms. I am prepared to put up with this transfer Broadway production nonsense this season but am certainly not prepared to have to go through this each and every transfer window henceforth.

We need him now as it is getting late to replace him if he does go soon. But offload him at an opportune window. As brilliant as he is, his "passion" makes him do stupid things at times and that will eventually cost us in terms of reputation and on pitch results. It also sends the wrong message to all prospective world class players we may eventually get, that they can behave like b@stards as long as they produce on the pitch.

I never blamed him for the so called racist row with Evra.... but the biting incident was just plain stupid. Players now know that they can wind him up to get a daft reaction and gain an advantage. As good as they were, players like Gascoigne and Maradona never really appealed to me as they were too daft and emotional. I put Suarez in the same bracket.

But we do need him now. So stay for now... buy time and get rid when we can afford to.
ConnO'var

Postby john22 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm

A very talented man but with unpredictable personalities. Gives peace of mind ingame but puts insecurities and headache in the dark. I guess the best thing to do is to look for someone in exchange as early as now, and let him do what he wants. Just buy some time.
john22
LFC Basic Member

Return to Football Related Polls